Session 18.1

_________________________________________

everything has changed -  taylor
swift, ed sheeran
_________________________________________

"JASMINE, I KNOW IT CAN BE HARD to trust a therapist just because she asks you to. But that's the beauty of it. A therapist doesn't judge you but rather helps you get through it. And unlike your friends and family, whatever you are sharing to me won't ever be shared with anyone else," I said. Jasmine nodded quietly.

"I always encourage people to journal their thoughts, but since you are amazing at art, why don't you draw anything you feel like everyday?"

"You mean, anything I like?"

"Yes, whatever you feel like drawing, you can. Just make sure to spend time on it everyday. It can even be a short sketch, a miniature doodle. Just anything," I explained and she nodded.

"Your Mom said that you get nightmares from time to time. Is it the same thing again and again or is it different each time?"

"The same thing. That's what scares me the most," she murmured.

"Okay, we will work on that, Jasmine. For today, your session is over," I said, giving her a warm smile.

"That's it?"

"Yes, do you have anything you want to ask me?" I asked her.

"No, no. I was just surprised it ended so soon. My previous therapists took more than an hour to torture me," She mumbled. I chuckled at that.

"Some therapists can be harsh and demanding but trust me, they have your best interests at heart," I said and she stood up from the seat. "Check in with Kiara at the reception and you can leave. Have a good day, Jasmine."

She spared me a smile and left the room. I leaned back on my seat and checked my phone. Jayce's text message popped on my screen.

will be home at 6. love you.

I packed my things into my bag and left my room. Lilly and Kiara were taking their coffee which I believed had lost all its warmth. "Lilly, you have a session with Giana tomorrow. I will be there by your side so you don't have to worry. And Kiara, can you lock up today?"

"Sure," she chirped and Lilly nodded in acknowledgement.

I left the building and headed towards the vet's clinic to pick up Leo. He had been sick all day, refusing to play and sat annoyed all the time. I was worried and took him to the vet's immediately. The doctor said Leo might have eaten something that upset his stomach. I had left him under their watch so that I could pick him when he was better.

"How is he?" I asked the doctor.

"He is better. He might not want to eat anything immediately but don't be worried. Just keep giving him water and after a while, he will want to eat something on his own. You can give him light food," the doctor advised.

I picked up a sleeping Leo and kissed his head lightly. I tucked him cozily in my arms and left the clinic. Heading to Jayce's house, I drove through the cold, busy streets. Jayce had started work after two months and I saw a specific light in his eyes I have never seen before. He loved tiring himself out making beautiful designs and he said coming home to me after a well-spent day was his favorite part of the day. It was mine too.

I placed Leo on his favourite place near the bookshelf and busied myself with work.

Just after I had taken out the washing machine to hang them in the line, the click of the key being turned sounded from the door. I hung the last piece of clothing on the drying line and washed the detergent smell off my hands.