Session 11.3

_________________________________________

inside out| the chainsmokers, charlee
_________________________________________

I ROLLED ON MY BACK and squinted when sunlight pierced through my window and hit me on my face. I used the back of my hands to shield my eyes, grumbling about not closing the curtains last night.

Last night.

I heard a clatter in the bathroom and the door flung open, letting Jayce in the room. My eyes zoned in on his annoyed face and then travelled down to realise that he was shirtless. Jayce's skin always reminded me of a pale wet chalk with cool undertones. But under the sunlight, his skin reflected golden sand. It stretched over the high and low of his muscles, enhancing the contours of his body. My throat went dry. Damn.

"When did you wake up?" He asked, casually. I wondered if Jayce was doing this on purpose. Where the hell was his shirt?

"Just now," I whispered, tearing my eyes away from his body and meeting his eyes. If he noticed me staring, he didn't comment.

"I am sorry I crashed here yesterday. I was drunk and I didn't want to risk the trip back home," he said, scratching his neck.

"Nah, that's okay. I am glad you stayed but," I smirked and rolled my lips in, "you could have taken the couch."

He flushed. "Um, I didn't know where the blankets were and–"

"And?" I fought my smile.

"I wanted to sleep beside you," he mumbled, acting on his turn to avert his gaze. I couldn't help but think that I hadn't had a better morning than this in a long time. Grinning, I patted the space next to me on the bed.

When he took a few steps to reach me, I told him, "Wear a shirt please," I said.

I didn't miss the smirk on his face. Of course, he had planned this. "Before you ask, yes, you are blinding me with your half-naked body. I am a single woman after all. Have some mercy on me."

Jayce burst out laughing and grabbed his shirt from the chair. "Are you getting any ideas that involve chocolate and caramel sauce?" he asked with an ironic innocent smile on his face.

"Just..." I closed my eyes. "Just shut up, Jayce. No more sexual innuendos. I am not going down that road first thing in the morning."

"Would you have preferred it if it was evening?" he asked and I flung my pillow at him. He evaded it, cackling like he had starved himself of laughter for centuries.

"But jokes aside, I like how you are honest with me. Even with embarrassing details," I said, and he sat beside me.

"You make me want to tell you everything. That's how much I trust you, I guess," he said and my heart melted at his words.

"I am glad you feel that way. You make me want to share things too," I whispered. touching his bare arm lightly and he tensed. I pulled my hands quickly at the same time he stood up from the bed. We were careless exchanging sexual suggestions with each other just a few minutes ago and now we were back to the awkward phase.

A little red in the face, he asked me if I had a spare toothbrush in the bathroom. I told him it was in the black pouch I kept for spares and he disappeared back inside. Jayce's confidence was always on and off and I wondered when it was going to stay on.

I stared at the ceiling and thought about yesterday. I remembered what happened, even though the minor details of it were only a blurry collage of images and sounds. I was happy I didn't embarrass myself too much in front of him because I was capable of it when alcohol fueled my system. I had acted like a different person last night and I hoped that didn't change anything between us. We were just drunk and having fun, I chanted to myself.