Session 9.1

________________________________________

someone you loved | lewis capaldi
________________________________________

"ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL Stacey's wedding and she is getting me so stressed. It feels like I am getting married along with her as well," I complained, going through the million pictures of bouquets she had sent. She had ordered me to choose the perfect one but I really didn't know the definition of perfection here. Everything looked the same — nice and pretty.

"Jayce, a little help here," I called him and he peeked into my phone. I told him about my confusion and he helped me narrow down my choices to three.

"What colour dress is she wearing?" he asked.

"She said something like white, green and a rusty colour," I said, recalling all of my best friend's rants.

"Uh, Asterin? It's usually one colour," he said and I propped my head in my hands.

"I don't know. Stacey is coming up with different things to make it the best and I am so confused about everything," I whined. "See for yourself." I handed him my phone and he took it, scrolling through the wedding discussion texts.

"Here, she says it's white. Then, she says it's white mixed with green and then here, she asks if it would be better if there were streaks of terracotta," he said, stopping his fingers on the screen.

"She loves to complicate things. I don't know how I survived twenty-two years with her as my best friend," I muttered and glanced at him only to find him so engrossed in my phone.

"What are you-" I snatched my phone and switched it off.

"You did not see any of that!" I said. But, he only smirked. "I shouldn't have given you the phone. Oh my god, how much did you read?"

"Just the part where you told Stacey that I was sexy and she told you to 'do' me as soon as possible," he said, trying his best to keep his face straight. But, in the end, he burst out laughing. I groaned, running a hand over my face.

"This is so embarrassing," I cried.

"So are you planning to?" he asked and my eyes widened. I shoved him on his shoulders, turning red. My face was burning.

"I never thought I would say this but I hate the amount of confidence you have right now. Why can't you flirt with the women you date?" I asked. Even if he didn't notice casually skipping the question, I did. Was I attracted to Jayce? Mildly, possibly. Did I see myself having a relationship with him? I wasn't sure.

"They are not you," he said quickly and then caught his tongue. "I mean, they don't make me so comfortable to talk like you do," he corrected. What the hell was happening?

"And I thought you said I looked nice to make me feel better but now I see that you meant it. Thank you," he said and I gave him an approving nod. At least this embarrassment turned out to be good for something.

"Tell me about Remy. You said it was a long story," he started and I nodded, putting my phone in my bag and turning towards him. We were in the same blue bench in the park and today there were fewer children around than before, considering it was a weekday. I was wearing a black striped jumpsuit with a pastel pink fur cape draped around since it was colder today. Jayce had also dressed accordingly, sporting a wintry coat. I should admit, he was quite the fashionist. Like me.

"Remy is from a wealthy family. They have properties all over France and their main income is their wine making company. It's the same old story, you know. Remy's family forced him to take up the business but he strictly didn't want it. He has always wanted to become a doctor and he had moved out of his house because no one was ready to support him."