Chapter 27: A Calm Tune of Heart

"Why didn't you tell him Marinette!" Tikki flew out of her purse as soon as Marinette closed her office door.

"I didn't want to bring my problems to work. Plus they are part of the past." Marinette placed her purse on the hanger and then sat on her chair behind the desk pretending to organize the papers she had left there that were not to mention, already organized.

"Marinette we both know that a person like Lila would never change. She practically proved it when she bumped into you. I will not see her ruin your month like she used to do when you were younger."

"It'll be over before you know it tikks." It was Marinette trying to assure herself more than anyone else tho. "We won't even interact much together. It will be a dress fitting the day of the fashion show and then she'll be gone."

Tikki looked at her amused. If kwami's had eyebrows then hers would definingly be questioning her.

Marinette sighed defeatedly "Tikki, what do you think I should do?"

"Tell Adrien."

"No I can-"

"Yes you can Marinette. Alya would defiantly agree with me if she were to find out. Adrien would agree if he knew how far she went after he left."

"Okay fine. I'll see the best time to do so." Their conversation was cut short when a knock sounded on the door.

Lucy, her secretary, came in holding a folder and a wide smile. "These are the models that you and Mr. Agreste chose earlier with all their information." Lucy set the folder down neatly on the desk in front of Marinette.

"There is a man out there asking for you also, should I let him in?" Lucy smirked up at Marinette. The expression looked all too funny.

Marinette laughed. There was something Lucy wasn't telling her. "What is it that you're hiding from me?" she rose both her eyebrows.

Lucy and Marinette had become great friends over the past couple of days, they practically act as if they were old friends.

"He is so hot." Well that was interesting. Who was this guy? "Now I'm interested. How does he look like?" Marinette laid her hand against her palm looking up at Lucy.

She was practically in space as she described his blue locks and muscular build.

There was only Luka that Marinette knew with such description. It has been a long time since she last saw him. They messaged regularly about their lives, but he had never mentioned coming to Paris anytime soon. Marinette quickly brushed the thought away. It couldn't possibly be him.

Oh how wrong she was. After telling Lucy to let him in, a tall Man with all the perfect features Lucy had described came in. Luka was standing in front of her smiling.

"Hey ma-ma- Marinette." He smiled. "Oh shut up Luka!" She ran up laughing to him. He opened his arms wide for her, chuckling as well. "When did you come back? Why didn't you call me?" Marinette gushed as she hugged him.

She lead him to her couch area to sit down while she prepared something to drink. "I just came back last night. I am staying back at the Bourgeois hotel. Chloe had insisted on giving me the biggest suite. She practically shoved me out the hotel with your work address to visit."

"That traitor never told me anything." Marinette glared playfully. "I told her not to. It's the whole meaning before the word surprise." He bopped her nose playfully.

"How has Hugo been? I'm sure he is way bigger than I last saw him." Marinette nodded smiling softly. "He is seven already. Can you believe that?"

"It seems like yesterday when we saw him walk for the first time." Marinette smiled at how sweetly he remembered, but also sorrowly at what happened that day.