Chapter 18: Derby Hat

Adrien stood up from his seat and walked over towards where she was standing. In a situation like this was she supposed to be formal or friendly? Too late now, he was right in front of her, where is Alya when she needs her?

"Hey Marinette" Adrien smiled widely, offering her his hand to shake, or not because as soon as she put her hand in his he pulled her into a side hug, his cologne smelled delicious, but it only lasted a second where he lead her to the sitting area near the wall length window then pulled away ushering her to sit down. He went to the mini espresso machine on the mini bar corner and pulled two mini glasses.

"How are you and Hugo doing?" he inserted the capsule into the pod and turned the machine on, leaning back against the counter with his arms crossed. "Thankyou we are doing well, I just dropped Hugo at school on the way here" The smell of the coffee was marvelous as it filled her senses.

"That's great, I hope his school isn't to far from here?" he questioned "Oh no, not at all its only five minutes away, the only problem is that Hugo can sleep through all of his alarms but is a huge early bird on the weekends unlike me who always likes to sleep in during the weekends"

Adrien chuckled grabbing the now two ready espresso cups and handing her one, he took a quick sip and then narrowed his eyes and pointed his fingers accusingly at her "If I remember correctly I think there was a girl who managed to always stay away from detentions even though she was never on time" Marinette pouted jokingly "Hey that's not fair, but you know what, I should probably thank Hugo for making me the responsible person I am now. By the way you nice office, I love the view"

"Thankyou, sine I've only been here a month I haven't had the proper time to make the changes I want. This used to be my dad's office as you can tell by the dull taste's. I'm planning on renovating both the office and the mansion since theyre mine now.

"That's awesome, anyway, I brought my portfolio with me, its filled with all of my latest designs and some of the commissions I've done, I hope you like them" she handed him the file "Oh Marinette you really didn't have too, I offered you this position because I have always known since we were in school that you'll have a potential in your future."

He opened the file looking through the organized pages, his jaw dropping after only a couple of pages, Marinette, worriedly took it as a bad sign, immediately apologizing for her bad sketches before she can continue Adrien interrupted her "these are some of the best sketches I have  ever seen, and my dad is Gabriel Agreste the designer so you can trust that I'm giving you the most honest opinion" Marinette looked at him wide eyed "so I'm h-hired?" half out of her seat.

"You were hired before you even came here, who else would I trust to help me raise this company?" Marinette jumped out of her seat hugging him tightly "Thankyou thankyou thankyou so much" Adrien chuckled and hugged back "Your welcome Marinette, never doubt yourself, now would you like to see your office so you can get settled in?" She pulled away blushing slightly and immediately looked down nodding.

He took her hand gently and pulled her towards the door excitedly. Once they were down the hall, she expected them to take the elevator down to the one of the offices floors but when they passed it she didn't question it, just left herself to be guided. Adrien stopped in front of the big door opposite to his office, Marinette thought they were only stopping to get something on the way, but suddenly she was surprised to find that her name was carved onto a golden name tag right outside the door. How did she not see that earlier?

The seconds it took Adrien to open the door were deadly minutes to Marinette, she really wanted to see beyond that door. "I wanted you to be as comfortable as close to me as possible, away from any gossiping colleagues" Finally the door opened fully and in was beyond what Marinette ever wanted. It seemed as if Adrian knew her so well, if she were given the choice to design her own office, it would probably never be as good as this.

Three of the walls were champagne pink while the third was a huge window from the top to the bottom like Adrien's office. In the middle was a nice glass desk accompanied by three chairs, toward the right was a cozy sitting place with a nice sized wall attached tv and a fireplace under it for winter warmth. On the left side was her designing desk with a bulletin board on the wall and three mannequins.

Marinette wandered around her now officially favourite place on earth. Adrien went up to the middle mannequin, pulling something off of it and onto his head "hey Marinette" she turned around quickly noticing the derby hat she made back in high school "You still have that?"

Adrien sneezed before answering "yup, and I'm still allergic to that feather" he took it off and back into the mannequin "I'll leave you to get settled in, feel free to pop in to my office anytime." She thanked him again, as soon as he left, she immediately ran and plopped onto the rolling chair squealing as she rolled all over the office like a fan girl.