Chapter 22: Friends

"So. Do you have any plans for today since there isn't any work?" Adrien was currently driving towards Marinette's house.

"Not really. I need to pickup Hugo from my parents house at around 6 so I'll probably have some free time to spend with the girls."

"Girls?" Adrien asked, of course she she has other friends.

"Yea, girls. You know? Alya and Chloe." To say Adrien was surprised was an understatement. Last time he checked Chloe and Marinette were far away from the "friends" term.

"Chloe? As in Chloe Bourgeois? Since when have you two been friends? You couldn't even tolerate each other back in l'ycee."

"Oh sorry I totally forgot that happened after you left to London. Actually I should actually kind of Thankyou for that" Marinette smiled appreciate.

Again Adrien rose his eyebrows in confusion "How so? Why are you thanking me?"

"I don't mean that you leaving was great but when you left Chloe changed suddenly. The whole class got a different perspective of the Chloe we used to know."

"Don't mind me again, How so?" Adrien still couldn't understand what that had to do with him.

"Well, after you left, Chloe was left almost completely alone since nobody stood up for her when she did anything wrong again like you used to do." Marinette paused and then continued

"I guess she got into the fact that she didn't really have any true friends and since we were graduating Sabrina would move away to study abroad. She started changing little by little until she deemed her worth guilty in front of our class."

Chloé Bourgeois was only a normal misunderstood girl. She had been extremely spoiled throughout her life as proven by all the times she threatened with her dads title.. though, she grew up like that mostly because her parents wanted to get rid of their guilt for never having time for her. Her father, though she knew he really did love her as her daddy's "Princess", was the Mayor of Paris after all, he needed to be elsewhere.

Chloé was also an only child.. and combined with the fact that she was mostly raised by nannies and butlers, it meant that she had a very lonely childhood. When her mother moved overseas,, she may have developed some issues with loneliness, and a slight (big) bossiness towards people. She had only had one friend growing up..Adrien.

Adrien was really proud in that moment, he haven't seen Chloe since the last time he saw her at the hotel but from what he just heard she must have finally really found herself.

Again, he'll have to add that to the list of things he had missed.

"She was one of the greatest supporters of my pregnancy, helped me get everything I need to be ready, hosted me a giant baby shower and even babysat Hugo a couple of times." Adrien was now amazed, he'll have to talk with Chloe someday soon.

"That's great, please say hi to her for me if you can" Adrien made the final turn towards Marinette's street and right into her driveway were her car as promised was parked. A guy came out of it and towards them. He gave Adrien the key and left.

Adrien gave Marinette her keys and smiled. "Thankyou for the ride Adrien. I'll make sure to wash the dress and give it back when I see you at work tomorrow" when she reached out to open the car door, a hand landed on her shoulder stopping her.