Chapter 34: Sleep Deprived

Another line painted itself on the paper. A beautiful shade of green to complement black leather.

Adrien had come in with her to the office when they arrived and laughed about how eager she looked as she grabbed the first paper she saw to start designing.

He had specifically told her NOT to over exhaust herself, she still had a couple of days. Plenty of time for him, but plenty was NOT in Marinette's dictionary. Again, there were multiple things she had went against him for.

Half of the designs made it to the trash bin or anywhere on the floor really in the illuminated corner. The light shone so brightly against them, as if it is teasing her for all these designs going wrong.

Three empty cups of coffee were already aligned on her desk. The fourth was on the way any second now. She planned to pile them out into a whole baseball team in the end. That's what she gets for staying out too late the night before. Although the company she got was lovely. 'Lovely' as in before they started talking about her partner.

Whenever Marinette used to get comments about being too dedicated and driven forward by work, she used to pass them on jokingly, saying that it was her job after all.

Truth is, when Marinette Dupain-Cheng gets excited about anything, she will never relax till it's done. This one had to be extra special tho, it was her first Fashion week, fully designed by her. She had to impress.

Things were fine, up until she started designing her Chat Noir themed gown. The gown went just above the knees. It was pure black with a black mesh on top of a green cloth train trailing in the back. The shoulders were padded like a soldier with lime green embryoid. The final accessory was a lace black mask with leather embroids and leather knee-high boots.

Somehow the only thing on her mind while designing this dress were Luka's words from yesterday night. 'Tell him.' And 'he might have had a reason.' Those pardons came into her heart and mind trying to rip away the shields she built of ever doubting her betrayal thoughts of him.

Another curve went into the dress. She hadn't moved from designing that dress since she came in. unconsciously a tear ran down her cheek and onto the corner of the page. That tear was followed by another.

She stared at her design with lots of emotion. Marinette contemplated weather to rip this design like the destiny of the others before it. She looked at the three Chat designs she had ripped earlier.

She had to come up with something for him eventually. Better get this over with than another design.

Marinette held the current design in her hands firmly. As soon as her hands twisted the page they let go almost immediately. something prevented her from doing so. Marinette covered her face as she let her frustration tears run freely.

Her eyes felt heavier. Where was that coffee?

That beautiful green color pencil slipped right out her hand softly till she felt herself slip away with it.