Chapter 45: Fashion Show

Hugo's cold was far gone by the day she was supposed to show up to help with the show rehearsal which was great! She was able to drop him off for school. This time, Tikki rested in his lap the whole time while he petted her head. they hung out a lot in the short while. She wondered when was the right time to tell him that she had eighteen other Kwami's resting in the drawer of her Miraculous box on the top drawer of her closet. Maybe he already knew about them. It wouldn't surprise her. They always took turns to babysit Hugo while she went out for patrol.

She had to remind him about three times on the way to school to not tell anyone what he knows about her out of nervousness.

She wasn't all that too excited to be in her office today. Actually, she was to be located at the studio today with all the other designers and models. That, sadly included Lila Rossi.

"So." Lila walked in to the studio as if it was her own. Her hips swayed untamed. "Which dress am I stealing the spotlight in?" Lila asked.

"Oh don't worry. I chose a good one for you." she led her back to the dresses display room where all the finished pieces were showcased before the fashion show. It was like a museum for every Paris superhero there is.

At the very back, lay the Ladybug male suit and the Chat Noir dress. There were both hung neatly under the spotlights.

"You will be wearing the Chat Noir dress." Lila's eyes widened at the gorgeous dress. Did the designer have to know that though? No. "It looks....fine. Who will walk me with the Ladybug suit?"

"I will." a sound was heard from behind. Marinette's eyes widened when she turned to find Adrien looking smug behind her. "You're modeling?" Both girls said it at the same time.

"Yea. It's the first fashion show for the company in a while. Might as well open it off." He shrugged his shoulders. Something about Adrien today tipped Marinette off. He was sneaking glances at her whenever she looked and now, his eyes were completely on her.

"Awesome. I'm sure Paris will love us together Mr. Agreste." Lila's dropped with suggestion and wicked.

"About that. May I talk to you, Lila, for a moment in my office?" Adrien asked. Lila's hands were around his arm in an instant. "Of course Adrien. Let's go." Adrien looked at Marinette with a smile, took Lila's hand off him and then left towards his office.

Marinette looked back at them as the exited the room and then back at the Ladybug and Chat Noir suit. Was it bad that she was very curious to know of what they would talk about?
——

She didn't find out, but it must have been something because that little liar decided not to show up for the actual fashion show the next day and she was on the verge of losing it.

Marinette was pacing around wearing her opening dress and ready to go out to introduce their new line with Adrien.

"Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Lila hasn't showed up. What do we do?" So this was her game this time, huh? Cancellation last minute. Marinette smiled at the idea of Lila not participating at the event, but then immediately hit the panic zone. Who was going to wear the Chat Noir dress now?!

"Can't you call in a last minute substitute model?" Marinette asked.

"There is no time to waste. This show will either be hell or good at the end of the night. That is to be determined in fifteen minutes. We need a model right now or else we are all doomed." She flipped impatiently through her clipboard, waving an assistant with a laptop over.

Marinette felt sick. She'd die if all the efforts she put in went to waste. She would let Adrien down.

Adrien, which appeared out of no where suddenly, turned to her. She must have forgotten he was there in the chaos.