Chapter 8: Back to paris

7 Years Later

-------

Adrien sat quietly eating breakfast, more like picking around his food with his father and Natalie on the now regular sized dinner table.
His father looked like he was contemplating whether to speak or not. Finally, Gabriel put his fork down and sighed "Adrien, me and Natalie have noticed that you don't seem as happy and cheerful as you were, are you okay son?"

Adrien put his spoon down looking at his plate, contemplating how to put his next words into work. "I'm fine father I just miss Paris and my friends, I don't know what happened to them over the past years."

Gabriel looked at him understandably. "Have you considered trying to make more friends around here? You don't seem to enjoy anyone's company around here. I'm sure you can find someone."

"It's just not the same father. They won't be the same." He muttered in defeat at how his amazing friends were back then.

"Well I do need someone to take over our company in Paris, I certainly can't do it alone from here anymore." He said with a brow raised upwards, like a question.

Adrien looked surprised "Father, do you really mean?" Gabriel nodded and smiled slightly seeming to finally have made his son smile. "If it makes you happy then you can go back to Paris."

Adrien stood up from his seat and ran around to his father, hugging him tightly from behind.
Gabriel smiled and put his hand on top of his son patting it softly.

"I'll try to book you the closest flight. Now why don't you pack your things and we can have a goodbye dinner out later tonight?"

Adrien ran to his room and pulled his phone out, over the past seven years, he did not contact his friends much. A casual greeting on the holidays and looking at their images on social media to check up on them every once in a while was the only thing he could do to prevent any sensitive questions or telling them about the truth.

He felt guilty that he did not get to say his goodbyes before travelling, but he just couldn't tell them that his family needed a fresh start away from the place his father terrorised.

He scrolled through his contacts clicking on Nino's name.

A: hey Nino sorry for not texting much, how has life been? I am texting to let you know that I'll be moving back to Paris in 2 days, how about we all meet somewhere to catch up? I miss you guys, text me soon.

Two days passed, Nino did not respond. Adrien understood that it will not be easy coming back into everyone's life. He was currently landing in Paris, taking in the view from the window, he spotted the Eiffel Tower, the place that always made him remember the special moments with his lady.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at the Charles de Gaulle Paris airport, we hope you enjoyed flying with us today, thanks for choosing our airlines." the flight attendant spoke throughout the plane.

When he got out of the airport nervous thoughts began to flood him, what about if no body remembers me? or needs me anymore? he wasn't ready to face what he left behind, but it had to be done. Texting Nino one last time, he got into the limo and made his way to the bourgeois hotel.

As Adrien was about to pay for his room the annoying blond, he totally forgot about spotted him. But instead of yelling Adrikins out loud like their high school days, Chloé casually came up and gave him a side hug then smiled at him. "OMG! Adrien when did you come? You should have told me I would have personally driven out to get you."

Adrien appreciated her change in attitude though her style did not seem to change, yellow was still her color. Hey Chloé, sorry for not telling you but I have decided to come back only two days ago. Chloé smiled "I'm giving you the biggest room here, and don't worry it's on the house so how about you refresh a bit from your trip and we can meet later to catch up if you want?" The worker handed him his room key and number
"Surely Chloé, maybe not tonight though. I have very important plans; I'll see you later."

---------

Adrien settled in his room and looked at his phone still not a single message, at last he decided to visit them, maybe start with Marinette's bakery he never texted her since he left.

Plagg flew out of his jacket, flying around the room stretching" argh my back hurts, couldn't you have found me a more comfortable place? You owe me some cheese, boy."

Adrien glared at him but passed him a piece anyway "Here Plagg, this is what you'll get now, we have somewhere to go to."

Nino and Alya were at Mari's house hanging out, playing mega strike three with Hugo.

Nino received yet another message from Adrien every time getting angrier and angrier eventually throwing his phone onto the couch.
Marinette looked at him worriedly "what's wrong Nino?"

Nino dragged a hand down his face sighing "Adrien suddenly started texting me 2 days ago after all these years saying that he is coming back to Paris and he wants to catch up with us."

Marinette gasped in surprise "Adrien is coming back? Why are you mad, aren't you excited to see him again? You were best of friends back in school."

Alya jumped in angry "He abandoned us all, Marinette. He did not make an effort to even pick up the phone and call. Now he decides to text us randomly after seven years to tell us he is coming back. Nino has his rights if he doesn't want to talk to him."

"But maybe he had a reason." Marinette tried to reason, she couldn't tell them about Adrien's father being Hawk Moth, it was something only she and chat knew.

"What reason? Marinette. I bet he doesn't even know about our marriage, or that you have a son!"

"Mama, who's Adrien?" Hugo curiously asked looking back and fourth between his mom and his aunt.

"He's a friend Hugo. An old friend of ours from school." Marinette looked Alya straight in the eyes and gritted out as a warning.

"A friend knows how to pick up the phone." Alya crossed her arms daring her to stand up for him more.

As Marinette was about to talk, the door bell rang. Hugo raced to open it with Marinette trailing not to far behind.

Adrien stood and watched as the door opened and there stood a small boy with midnight blue-black hair and bright green eyes, after going to the bakery her parents told him that she had moved out, they gave him her new address and some sweets they wanted to send her.

"Hey little boy, is Marinette here?" Adrien asked.

"Mommy, there is someone at the door for you." The little boy called out into the house. Mommy? Adrien thought. He might be at the wrong house. Before he could apologize and step away for intruding the wrong home, he heard a very similar voice call out. "I'm Coming Hugo."

Mari opened the door farther and was shocked as she recognized the person that stood in front of her he was Adrien Agreste her long time crush in high school. Only that he wasn't the sweet looking little boy anymore. He had grown a lot taller and now had muscles decorating his body.

"Hey pri-Marinette." His rights to call her Princess were halted a little due to his long absence and lack of his alter ego suit at that moment.

Adrien knew Marinette would change, but he did not expect her to look anything like the woman in front of him. To start off, she had abandoned her signature ponytails. Her hair was now down up to her middle back. Glistening white skin, rose colored plump lips and big sparkling ocean deep eyes.

Her mouth was wide open "Y –You're...you're"