Chapter 25: Peppermint

"Wake up Hugo" Marinette sat on Hugo's bedside gently stroking his hair. Hugo opened his eyes slowly blinking them up at her. She couldn't describe why her heart sometimes fluttered at the sight. She did not want to admit that it was because he always reminded her of the looks her ex partner always gave to her.

She knew Hugo had one of those strange dreams last night. The dreams he would always describe saying that his dad would catch him when he falls. He never sees the actual face just sees a light. Although he had no proof, Hugo always believed it was his dad ever since they started. That boy was just a ray of hope.

After driving Hugo to school and picking up a hot treat to sip on during the meeting, Marinette made her way to Adrien's office where the meeting would be held

His office door was already open, she could see him scanning over some files while his secretary explained them.

She contemplated if she should come back later but he had already caught her at that point.

"Hey Marinette, come on in. I'm just finalizing some stuff." He smiled.

She smiled back at him and entered the office quietly approaching the meeting table. "Please leave me these files, I will read them over when I'm done. Bring me the upcoming fashion show plan folder please." He addressed the secretary. She nodded and left the office.

" Oh no we won't have the meeting on the table, that's too formal since it's only the two of us for now. Come have a seat here" he pointed to the cozy couch area.

"would you like some coffee?" She waved the coffee tray in front of her to show him. "I actually picked up some peppermint hot chocolate since the weather is becoming chillier on the way, I hope you like it."

Adrien's face stretched into a wide grin. "It's one of my favorite drinks, how'd you know?"

"I actually make it at home quite often in the winter times." Marinette shrugged. "I had a friend who would always brag about how good it was and how I was missing out, it grew on me and I started to like it myself."

"Is that so?" Adrien's lips stretched in a smile. If he was to guess correctly, that friend was him, chat noir him. He always used to brag about how good it it when they had it along with pastries on her balcony. "Your friend has a good taste."

"He did" she whispered, smiling down sadly.

Adrien took his first sip from the warm cup, savoring it until a knock interrupted them on the door. His secretary came in to place a thick file on his desk and then she quickly left.

"So did you sleep okay last night?" He asked. She nodded slowly. She had thought about many things last night to be honest. Probably her whole life over.