Chapter 2: The Beginning

After returning the Peacock and Moth miraculous to the miracle box back at her room, Marinette transformed back to meet up with her partner back on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"Isn't Paris beautiful tonight chaton? It looks even more peaceful now that the threat is gone." She said, smiling.

She swung her legs at the edge while her hair blew with the breeze. Her partner would have probably said some cringe worth joke by now, but a minute passed, he did not speak a word. Worried, she turned towards him and noticed his green forest eyes covered by a mist of tears, shining under the moon light.

Normally after an Akuma fight they would stay together talking until their miraculous beeped, but today something seemed wrong about him. They had just defeated hawkmoth, he was supposed to be happy.

"What's wrong kitty? Something on your mind?" she asked concern laced in her soft, caring voice. She placed a hand on top of her wound to cover it against any stings.

"N-nothing. I'm just happy we finally got rid of the threat forever." He nodded away from her, looking at the other direction.

"Me t-too Chat." Ladybug hissed as she applied a little more pressure to her wound than she had intended by mistake.

Chat widened his eyes when he say her right hand cradle her left where a visible gash lay bleeding.

"Ladybug! You're bleeding! Why didn't you tell me?" He was quick on her side checking the cut out with gentle hands. His fingers were gently rubbing soothing circles around.

"It's nothing really. I put a Band-Aid on top of it, but it looks like it fell off on the way. I will tape a new one down as soon as I go back home." She tried to assure him.

"My lady if you stay like this, you're going to end up passing out from blood loss, it's not safe for you. That's not a small paper cut you've got there." He said softly.

She shied away, and reached up to cradle her upper arm. Nothing would happen. She had battle wounds before. Sure, none of them were like this one, but it still wasn't that attention seeking to her.

Her suit seemed to still be ripped at the wounded area exposing it to the night air.

He watched her carefully and then slowly reached over and held her arm firmly for her not to wiggle out yet carefully not to cause any pain for her, as he intended to inspect the spot where she covered.

"Does it hurt? Do you think you need any stitches?" He asked, the tip of his fingertips brushed around the area.

"It hurts only if I apply pressure on it or move it too fast." she said, and pulled away.

"I don't think it'll need stitches...I couldn't really tell since I didn't actually de-transform." She admitted.

He sighed and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Lets go. I'm take you to the hospital." He wasn't offering, he was telling her. He immediately reached out his hands to carry her, but ladybug pushed away.

"No! I can walk for beginners and secondly it's not that severe to need a hospital. I'll have to de-transform if we go to a hospital, how I'm gonna explain it then? I'll just patch it up later."

Chat stubbornly nodded. "Fine! No hospital, but only under one condition." He rose one finger up and looked at her with a raised brow to imitate that there was no way out of his condition.

"What?" Ladybug asked.

"You allow me to take you somewhere and patch it up myself."

Ladybug wanted to protest, but her mouth closed quickly. She couldn't argue with him. He was right and she had no argument to retort that. She agreed.