Chapter 10: My Lady

Hugo was peacefully asleep and tucked into his bed. Marinette quickly transformed into ladybug to go out for her occasional patrol.

Even though Hawkmoth was no more of a threat, both heroes kept their Miraculous. She had decided as a guardian that it was for the best. That was until her partner disappeared with no trace, taking the ring with him without even consent.

She was now the guardian with many responsibilities. After having master fu loose his memory to protect them in the queens battle. She always wished he was here to guide her through her problems tho. It didn't help that she had Hugo as well.
———

Marinette went out to patrol the city, looking for anyone who needed help, kidnapping, robbery, or any crimes at this time.

She made her way to the Eiffel Tower, sitting lonely as usual on the highest platform in the tower.

She didn't know that the return of Adrien Agreste would also mean the return of her long-gone partner, Chat Noir.
————-

Adrien was about to go back to his hotel until he caught sight of a similar blur of red running past him on the roof tops and towards the Eiffel Tower, the simple glimpse of her made his heart flutter, he was back to his teen years again.

He jumped into the nearest alleyway.
"Plagg," his heart beating fast. "Transform me!" The kwami was sucked into his ring and in a flash of green, the leather suit took over his clothes. He felt his body changing, a magic that felt so strange of and yet so familiar, it was his first time transforming since he left Paris and it felt amazing.

His muscles loosened; a wonderful loud laugh filled with the freedom he once had escaped with.

The leather felt warm against his skin, sending a wave of memories  into his head of  the past, the akumas they've fought, his awful puns that his lady claimed she didn't like but deep inside he always knew she did and times he'd sneak out the house as chat to get away from his model life. His steps felt lighter, filled with strength.

He gripped the baton tightly in his hand and with the push of the button he extended himself onto a roof close by, racing forward the night air ruffling his blond hair.

Ladybug sat as normal at the top staring into the city deep in thought about what happened today, she was too attached into her thoughts that she didn't hear the soft thud landing behind her.

Ladybug didn't look at all like how he remembered her. Her body was curvier, with a thin waist and long legs she looked more of a woman she'd become. Her face had thinned slightly, sculpting a nice jaw.

He still couldn't believe she was real, after all his years stuck in his own imagination. It felt like a dream.

"L-Ladybug?" He took a step forward, her shoulders rose, he fought the urge to reach out and touch her, to brush his fingers through her soft hair, to hug her tight and feel the warmth of her suit melt into his. He stepped closer but she didn't give him the chance to take another step.

"Stay where you are don't come closer," she snapped, glaring at him with so many emotions, hatred, surprised, pain, his body grew cold. "M -Milady?". She looked away from him, crossing her arms over her chest and he dropped his hands to his sides. Shaking his head, he inhaled deeply. "I know I haven't been around but-"

"Haven't been around?" She chuckled "Seven damn years." she stepped closer poking his chest hard "disappearing with no trace. Months of looking for you" she opened her arms up to the sky.

"I can explain."

"I don't even want to hear it." she replied. Ladybug took a big step forward and he moved back from Her. "You abandoned your duties as soon as we defeated Hawk Moth. You let down Paris and your responsibilities go, you took the miraculous with you and disappeared like thin air, leaving the people you swore to protect, you let me down." It hurt. Those words pierced his heart. He was suddenly reminded of his father 7 years ago. 'You let me down Adrien.'

He had no idea what to say next, he knew she had every right to be mad. "I didn't mean to leave you."

"Oh, but guess what, you did anyway!".

"I looked for you everywhere... I trusted you, but you never actually did like me, did you? You used me." He reached forward and grabbed Ladybug's wrist pulling her towards him. She struggled in his grasp, fighting for him to let go. He already let her go once. He wasn't ready to do it again.

"Let me go! Get your hands off me!"

"Please don't". Ladybug laughed so loud "I'm not doing anything Chat. I'm just doing what I need to do to protect myself, and my heart." She whispered the last part.

she stomped onto his foot as he loosened his arms. she took that as a chance and swung of leaving towards her home.

"Im with someone else now. S-someone who appreciates me." And finally, the heart broke.

"Even if I wasn't. I will still make sure not to make the same mistake twice." Her words were laced with so much venom. He watched those same blue eyes turn hateful at the sight of him.

She walked away from him, taking her yo-yo off her hip.

"Wait. Please don't go!" he pleaded.

Ladybug stopped at the edge and glanced at him from over her shoulder, her eyes filled with tears. "I never left you Chat." She smiled bitterly. "You're the one who left me."

Racing to the edge Chat Noir grabbed his baton from behind him. He chased after her.

She was too quick as he lost her through the buildings. He tumbled knees first onto one of the buildings and broke down on a rooftop.

"I'm sorry" he whispered and sobbed "I didn't have a choice I couldn't tell you that my dad is that villain we defeated, the villain that was the cause of us knowing each other in the first place".

A while later he got up and made his way to the, people were shouting nice things at him and gathering around waving. "Welcome back." he knew he did not deserve it at all.

" he knew he did not deserve it at all