Chapter 9: Blaming and Misunderstandings

"Back?" he smiled, stepping closer, "Yes, I'm back."

Marinette could not respond. Hugo nudged her arm "Mommy, the man is talking to you."

Adrien's suspicions were confirmed "You have a son?" Marinette hugged Hugo closer protectively to her side. She placed her hands on his shoulders, smiling down at him. "Yes, yes I do." Hugo stepped closer to Adrien extending his tiny hand for a shake. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Hugo. I'm 6 years old."

Adrien tried to hide his shocked reaction. He quickly did the math in his head. How did she have a child at such a young age?

He remembered how he sat for the past 7 years every night thinking about who his lady may be under the mask. Marinette made it to the top of his list as the top suspect, she had the same features and some of the characteristics.

For all these years he believed that his theory could be true, he developed a small crush on her, Hugo had green eyes they were so bright and big. What if Marinette actually was ladybug?

If Hugo is six, then it was a possibility that Hugo could be his because ladybug might have been pregnant when he left his thoughts were over crowding him that he didn't hear Nino and Alya coming.

"Hugo come back so I can beat you at mega strike three." Nino called out. Hugo crossed his arms and lifted his chin up high. "Nope, I will win." Alya laughed loudly "Competitive just like your mother. Marinette what's taking you so long?"

As the 2 stepped beside Marinette they were shocked to see that Adrien stood at the door
Alya immediately scowled "What are you doing here?" She looked like was about to attack Adrien if Nino was not holding her "Alya babe, please calm down."

He did not even want to imagine what their expressions looked like. Instead, he kept focused on Marinette. She was as anxious as he was now, but something in her eyes kept him steady. "Hugo, please go to your room."
Hugo pouted "but why mommy? I want to stay here and play."

Marinette went down to his level, her hands still on his shoulders "You can play later, okay sweetie? I need some private time here."
Hugo nodded and smiled, kissing Marinette's cheek "Okay mommy." he turned away and left obediently.

Adrien's eyes followed him up the stairs.

As soon as the little one was away, Alya continued her interrogations. "Why are you here Agreste?"

"Alya please calm down he has a reason." All three looked at her questioningly. Adrien looked down as if he was realizing something. "He didn't choose to go. His father took him."
Adrien was once again surprised "How did you know?"

"I was walking through the streets at that time after delivering something and I happened to see him standing in Hawk Moth's place when ladybug took his miraculous, but don't worry I didn't tell anyone that your father was actually.."

"Hawkmoth." Adrien finishes for her.

He was relieved that she had protected his secret. Alya's voice died on her lips. Nino came up behind her, his eyes just as wide.
"Bro you're joking right?" Adrien shook his head no.

"I wish I was."

Alya looked at him questioning "You mean to tell us that this whole time, Gabriel Agreste was.."

"Yes, he's Hawkmoth, but Mari why did you keep this a secret? you knew, yet you told no one."

Marinette shrugged "I wasn't supposed to know I just happened to be there at that time and I'm sure that no one would have left you and your father if they knew."

"But that doesn't mean you couldn't text us or call AGRESTE. We are not in the old times. We actually have phones to communicate."
Adrien tried to reason again, but Alya cut him off again.