Engagement ring

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Twenty four ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''Y/N?'' a voice called your name as you laid flat down on your tummy, hands tucked under your pillows as your eyes were still closed. You groaned as you just woke up, wanting to sleep a little longer. ''Are you awake, Y/N? I've made breakfast for you.''

You mumbled something inaudible whilst moving onto your back before rubbing your eyes. ''I want to sleep a little longer,'' you sigh as you let your limbs fall back onto the bed. You slightly open your eyes, seeing Kurapika lean against the door frame with a sweet smile spread across his face. ''What?'' you whine.

''It's 11:30 already. I want to have breakfast with you, angel,'' he stepped towards you, sitting down next to you on the bed. He ran his fingers through your hair as he smiled before leaning in and kissing you on your forehead.

''Alright,'' you huff and Kurapika leaves the room, giving you some space to change your clothes. You raise your hands into the air, stretching your body. You exhale as you move out of your bed, putting on a simple outfit and brushing your teeth. You were going to take a shower later since you suddenly started to feel hungry and just wanted to eat the breakfast Kurapika had prepared for you. You pat some imaginary dust off your jeans as you notice something shiny on the nightstand. You tilt your head slightly as you narrow your eyes, trying to take a better look at it.

It was Kurapika's engagement ring.

You widen your eyes, realising Kurapika had taken it off. 'So, he's actually serious about this, huh?'' you whisper to yourself and can't help but smile. Your mood skyrocketed, realising from here on everything was going to get better for the both of you. That is if Rin is not pregnant and therefore can't give Kurapika any proof.

Knowing Rin she might just print out an ultrasound and use that as proof, so hopefully, Kurapika will be careful. But if everything was going to go according to plan, it would mean you and Kurapika would finally end up together. After those nine years of loving him, being sad over him and missing him, you were going to have him back.

'Will you be happy with yourself?'

You sigh as you sit back down on the bed, Kurapika's ring in your hand. Azami's words came crashing into your mind, realising this will end up with Rin hating you forever. God, she probably won't even want to be around you ever again. ''I remember when we were inseparable,'' you chuckle to yourself before inhaling a sharp breath.

You quickly stand up, hearing Kurapika call out your name again. You huff as you put the ring back to its place and walk out of your bedroom. The scent of freshly brewed coffee hit your face, waking you up instantly. Kurapika stood behind the stove, preparing more food for the both of you. He wore an oversized sweater that hung loosely around his body. You hummed as you wrapped your arms around him, your head resting on his back. His hand reached your back and he gently rubbed it for a second before focusing on the food again.

''It smells good,'' you hum as you take a seat at the dining table, eyes on the man in the kitchen. ''Does it? This is better than you could ever make your pancakes smell,'' he says haughtily, putting a few pancakes on your plate. You narrow your eyes as you click your tongue.

''I will make you fall when we're ice skating later today.''

''Yeah? What if I get injured?''

''You can give Azami some company.''

Kurapika widens his eyes and lets out a loud chuckle, ''I just know Azami wouldn't be able to stop laughing if that happened,'' he sighs as he takes the seat on the other side of the table. He takes a bite of the pancakes on his plate and rubs your hand, seeing your sad face.

''You miss him. Don't you?'' Kurapika's eyes soften as he watches your bottom lip tremble a little. He quickly stands up and walks over to you, wrapping his arms around your body. You snuggle your face into his chest as you let out a shaky breath.

''I do. So much. He can be so annoying, but I even miss the irritating things he does! I miss how he would ramble about his games all the time or yell in the middle of the night or scream along with his favourite songs and say he's just singing. He's always been here with me, Pika, I never realised how lonely I feel without him.''

''He can move in with us after we get married,'' Kurapika says, rubbing your cheeks lovingly. You laugh at him, ''Oh god, you will be in for a ride if we let that happen!'' you speak and kiss Kurapika's cheek. He blushes slightly as he moves away and clears his throat before taking his seat again, continuing his breakfast.

''He'll come back soon, right?''

''Mhm,'' you take a bite of the fluffy pancake, ''he told me he's coming back once he has gained more weight and once they've done all the tests on him. Oh— did you know Mai has a crush on him?''

''Mai?'' he tilted his head slightly, trying to remember the girl named Mai. He hasn't seen her often, because he just simply didn't get the chance to. She moved to Tokyo before you did. Kurapika has never liked her that much, she tended the get possessive over you at times. ''Ah, that Mai. Azami wouldn't like her,'' he mumbled and you nod.

''I don't think he's ever liked an actual human being in that way,'' he added and a quiet laugh followed right after. You purse your lips together and nod slowly. Kurapika didn't know about the confession and you weren't going to tell him. There was no reason anyway. Azami lost his feelings already and you love Kurapika.

You play with the hem of your fluffy turtleneck and bite your bottom lip awkwardly as your eyes shift to his hands. You didn't want to talk about Rin anymore, but you felt like you had to talk about this.

''I see you've taken off your engagement ring.''