For you

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Ten ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

You walked into your apartment and shut the door behind you. You closed your eyes as you felt your back hit the door and your heart was pounding against your chest. What were you going to get yourself into?

You still had so many questions that were making you feel insecure about yourself and the situation you were in. Like; why did he date Rin in the first place? What the hell did Rin tell Kurapika about you? Why didn't he fight for you? Well- you weren't allowed to think that way anymore, since Azami said so.

You'll just ask two out of three questions. To get some reassurance and answers, which you desperately needed. You weren't sure if you even wanted this after all, but your feelings for Kurapika were too strong.

You wanted to believe and trust Kurapika and you did, but he was right. If he breaks up with Rin now, your father and Rin will probably try to ruin everything for him. And it will be even worse if they find out about you both. You began to ask yourself if it was even worth it. Was love worth the risk you were taking?

''God, don't be so dramatic'' you whispered to yourself as you rubbed your eyes with your hands, not caring about smudging your make up.

''Azami?'' you called out as you realised your apartment was dark and the tv wasn't on. It was odd that he wasn't there, I mean, he would tell you if he wouldn't be there. He always did. You narrowed your eyes and turned on the lights.

''Hey! You game addicted asshat! Where are you?'' you balled your fists as you anxiously paced around the small room, afraid of him scaring you out of nowhere. You walked up to the door to his room and rested your head on the cold wood, trying to find out if you could hear anything. You inhaled deeply and took the risk of getting yelled at, you opened the door to his room.

''Azami'' you sang and turned on the lights in his room. You couldn't see anyone. His room was messy since he was too lazy to clean it often. 'whatever' you muttered to yourself and just before you wanted to leave his room he jumped in front of you.

''WAH!'' he yelled in your face with a big smile before coughing.

''STOP! I hate you sometimes!'' you scream and push him away.

''Oi!'' he laughed as he coughed in between every laugh, ''shit,'' he whispered as he bent over and rested his palm on his chest.

''You okay?'' you asked and narrowed your eyes at your friend who seemed completely out of breath.

''Yup. All good,'' he said and gave you two thumb ups as he cheekily smiled at you. It was one of those moments where a sparkle would appear on his teeth. You narrowed your eyes as you smiled and nodded slowly, not completely buying his answer.

''That's what you get from being lazy!'' you flicked his forehead and he yelped in pain.

''That's not it'' he rolled his eyes.

''Then what is it?''

''Dunno,'' he shrugged, ''been getting out of breath very quickly lately. I also cough a lot. It's all good though, anyway, tell me about your day. You're more important.''

You felt him push you out of his room and followed you to the living room as both of you plopped down on the couch. You started to grow worried about your best friend, but you decided to let it slide, for now.

''Rin is pregnant''

''Congratu- I mean. Fuck! Shit!'' he said and shock crossed his face, his mouth dropping open slightly. You knew Azami wasn't too good with words, he has never been, so him messing up didn't surprise you nor offended you.

''Yep. Kurapika is going to be a dad''

''I mean who else would the father be,'' he genuinely asked you and you sighed loudly as you stared intensely at him, making him bite on his lip as he realised what he said. ''I'm sorry.''

You laughed and ruffled his hair, ''It's fine. I'm not sure how to tell you this, so, I'm just going to say it. Kurapika will stay with Rin until he finds a way to leave her. You know how dramatic they can get. I don't want them to manipulate him or even blackmail-''

You couldn't finish your sentence because Azami began to cough like crazy again. He covered his mouth with his elbow and you could see his eyes look away. You watched his hand go to his chest again as he clutches the fabric of his shirt tightly.

''Azami'' you said slowly, ''I'll get you some water.'' You jumped up and quickly walked to the sink, filling a glass with water and you handed it to Azami. He took the water and immediately started downing the entire glass.

''Don't lie to me. Are you okay?''

He hummed and you bit the inside of your mouth. You desperately wanted to believe him, but coughing that much and extreme probably isn't okay. You sighed and shook the anxious feeling away before taking your phone out of your pocket. Your phone lit up and you saw a number has texted you a few times.

I love you

Come see me.

I'm outside your apartment.

You squinted your eyes and walked over to the window, peering outside. Your heart skipped a beat and you smiled to yourself as you saw the person you loved outside. He smiled at you with closed eyes as he waved at you.

He was waiting for you.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Before anyone says anything; no Azami doesn't have C*rona