In the end

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Twenty ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Kurapika and you sat in your apartment after the funeral. Rin went home with your mother and she surprisingly didn't care when he asked if he could go with you. You were curled up into a ball as you laid down on the couch, wrapped into a thick soft blanket. Kurapika sat on the other end of the couch as he watched you.

''Am I cursed or something?'' you asked him and you heard him chuckle softly.

''I don't think so''

''Then why is everything going wrong?'' you sat up, ''you're going to marry Rin. Azami might die. I don't have any other friends. My dad just passed away and my mom doesn't care about my feelings''

''I'm not going to marry her, Y/N'' Kurapika said and he came closer to you. He held your trembling hands tightly as he stared deep into your eyes, ''I won't marry her. I told you, I'm in love with you''

''Then why did you comfort her the other day? And not me? Why are you still so close with her? Don't you understand it breaks my heart? She doesn't like Azami, yet you went to comfort her.''

''I'm sorry''

''No. A sorry is not enough. I'm so upset with you. I'm furious actually!'' you pouted and snuggled your face into the soft fabric of the blanket. You felt his hand rest on your head as he softly ruffled your hair.

''I'm sorry, baby'' he said and he brought you closer to him. You wrapped your arms around him. He grabbed your face in between his hands and softly planted about twenty kisses on your lips. He sighed as he softly caressed your skin with his thumbs, ''you know I have to act this way with her.''

''Remind me again why you don't just break up with her'' you mumbled and he bit his bottom lip.

''I just can't'' he simply replied, ''not yet''

''But your wedding is soon. I told you I don't want you to go through divorce shit!'' you said and pulled away from his grip.

''I know, I know. I'll take care of it before then, okay? I promise''

You nodded and kissed him. He smiled into the kiss and when he pulled away you stared into his eyes. He was the man of your dreams. Even though you basically had him, he felt so far away. His heart felt so far away.

Like it still wasn't yours. Like it wasn't yours, to begin with. The icky feeling made you tear up again. You wanted him so badly. You were so desperate for him. You thought about Azami's words, was all this pain worth it?

''Are you mine?'' you whispered.

Kurapika kept silent as his eyes widened a little, ''Yes'' he breathed out. You gulped and your lips curled up into a smile. That was something you were longing to hear. You wanted this confirmation. You placed your hands on his warm skin and your eyes started to get covered with your tears, again. You wanted to be happy. He just told you he is yours, Y/N.

''Why can't I be happy with this, then?''

''What?''

''Why can't I feel happy after hearing your answer?''

He stayed silent as his bottom lip started to tremble. He as well, couldn't be happy, not yet. So much sad things had to happen before the sun could shine again. Before everything could be okay, you both had to go through so much. ''We will fight for it. Together. We're in this together, Y/N. Forever'' he said and took your hand in his as he squeezed it gently.

''I asked Azami earlier—''

''You went to see him?''

''Yeah...''

''How is he doing? Is he okay?''

You bit your bottom lip as you sighed whilst shaking your head 'no'. ''I don't know when he will be'' you closed your eyes as you held your head low and pressed it against Kurapika's chest. You felt him softly pat your head and his fingers made its way through it. ''I asked him if it's worth fighting for you.''

Kurapika gulped.

''He asked me if I'll be happy in the end. When everything is done, will I be happy with myself? Will I be able to live with what I've done to my sister?''

Kurapika didn't know what to say. He is the person who asked Rin to marry him and now you sorta had to clean up the mess he had made. If he never dated her in the first place and fought for you, everything would've been different. The situation would've been so different.

''Do you want to be with me, Y/N? Is it worth it for you?''

You kept quiet for a few seconds as you started to doubt everything. The whole situation had made you feel uneasy and insecure for a while now. But you still loved him. That hadn't changed. In all those years, it had never faded away.

''I love you, Kurapika. I love you so much. More than you'll ever be able to imagine. But this hurts. I'll hurt my sister so much, I don't know if I'll be able to bear the guilt I'll be feeling.''

''But she's hurt you too'' he said and bit his bottom lip, not sure if that was the best thing to say at this moment.

''I know. She shouldn't have ever dated you in the first place. Look at me, taking her feelings into mind and completely forgetting about my own, just like everyone else does.''

Kurapika chuckled and took in a deep breath before kissing your forehead and holding your face in between his hands. He stared at you lovingly before kissing your lips softly. You ran your hand through his hair and the kiss got deeper. He wrapped his arms tightly around your body and pulled you closer. Warmth took over and your cheeks flushed a deep shade of red when you felt Kurapika gently tugging on your bottom lip with his teeth. Your tongues danced together and you chuckled quietly into the kiss.

''I will never love anyone more than I love you, Y/N. No matter what will happen in the end.''