Bridesmaid

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ One ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''Kurapika?'' you hiss angrily ''you're kidding, right? You know I used to date him, right?''

''Y/n... I'm so sorry! I should've told you sooner that we started dating... I was just too afraid to tell you!'' she apologised and took my hands in hers. You narrow your eyes, ''so, you knew you were wrong and still continued to date someone I truly loved?''

She was quiet, probably too ashamed to admit her fault. She let go of my hands and held her head low, ''I'm sorry. I love him... more than you ever did and ever could. He loves me, Y/n... I thought you already moved on. He said you stopped replying to his letters nine years ago!''

You tilt your head to the side, your hair moving slightly in your vision, ''What? He is the one who stopped responding to me!'' you say now angry, balling your fist in frustration.

''Listen Y/n,'' Rin says, stepping towards my door, ''I'm not trying to argue with you. I thought you would be happy for me. It's been nine years. Nine fucking years. Get yourself together and move on, just like he did. I hope you'll understand how I feel and be happy for me. Your sister is getting married for fucks sake!'' she clenched her jaw and shook her head in disappointment before closing the door with a loud bang. Leaving me alone in my apartment.

''Shit!'' you whisper falling onto your knees. You let the cup of tea fall out of your hands, breaking into pieces as it hit the hard wooden floor. You brought your hands to your face, covering your eyes as you let warm tears stream down your face.

It had been nine years since you and Kurapika broke off contact. All along you thought he was the one who stopped sending the letters. You thought it was him who didn't want to be in touch anymore. But apparently, it was the post office's fault from the start.

She was marrying him now. It could have been you. It could've been you with that beautiful diamond ring around your finger. It was unfair. You were in heartbroken pain for years when it could've been so different. At one point you even thought he passed away because nobody mentioned him to you.

But it was your sister who knew he was well and alive. It was her who was going to marry him and not you.

You stood up and ran to your front door, opening it with a heavy swing, almost breaking the wall because of the force. You ran down the stairs and went your way out of the big apartment building. You spotted the brown ponytail of your sister and ran towards her and yanked her arm.

''Ow!'' she yelped and her eyes softened as she saw your now red and puffy eyes from crying ''Y/N? what is it?''

''Take me to him,'' you sobbed ''take me to see him. I need to see him.''

Rin took in a sharp breath. Not sure if she should let you see him. She knew you still had feelings for him, I mean it was obvious, you came after her crying. She contemplated for a few seconds but eventually gave him. She nodded and pursed her lips.

''Come,'' she whispered and started walking and you followed her.

°•. ✿ .•°

You stepped into the small home you knew belonged to your sister. The warmth of the heather hit your face and you faced Rin, who was obviously not feeling too comfortable. She took another loud breath and opened the door that leads to the living room. You quietly followed her into the room.

He was there.

He sat behind a desk, writing stuff down in a little notebook.

''Welcome home, angel,'' he said with his angelic voice.

Tears started to burn into your eyes again and you quickly blinked them away.

''Kurapika, honey!'' she exclaimed happily and hugged him from behind, flashing you a malicious smile. You fiddled uncomfortably with your hands, ''hi...''

Kurapika moved his head slowly to face you and his gaze met yours. His lips parted and his eyes increased size. He was just as shocked as you are. He still had the most beautiful eyes and his blonde hair looked soft like a cloud. 

''Y-Y/N?'' he said in a daze ''w-what are you doing here?'' he stood up and walked towards me, he wrapped his arms around me and my body tensed up, ''S-Shit Kurapika!'' I sobbed again ''I missed you so damn much! I didn't know where you were all these years!''

You eyed your sister who clearly looked bored of your reunion, ''Y/N?'' she asked.

Kurapika let go of me and both of us faced her.

''Since Kurapika and I are getting married, will you be my bridesmaid?''