Epilogue

THE WEDDING.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Epilogue ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

You were lying if you said you were looking forward to it. A moment like this, supposed to be so special, was one of the worst days of your life. It had been a few months since you had last seen Kurapika, a pain still lingering in your body from the last moment you saw him.

You had tried your best to move on— forced yourself even. But with no success. You couldn't do it, and that was normal. It was realistic. If you couldn't do it in nine years, then how would you be able to do it in just a few months?

Well, the circumstances were different this time. More damage had been done and more pain was there.

You had tried ways to move on, like hooking up with other people and throwing away every picture you had with Kurapika. All of it was a waste because, in the end, the feelings didn't leave. In those few months of being away from Kurapika, you had been at your worst. The only reason you were eating was because Azami forced you to eat and the only reason you didn't lock yourself up in your room was because Azami didn't let you.

You were going through a heartbreak more painful than you had ever imagined. It was almost unbearable. But you forced yourself to get through it. You had no other choice, Kurapika had already made his.

Today was the day of the wedding, a day you had hoped would never come. You had tried to make yourself believe— tried to reassure yourself this whole time that this day wasn't going to come. You had hoped for a truth that wouldn't be this heartbreaking.

But life is tough.

You stood in front of the mirror, wearing the dress Rin had sent to you.

You were her bridesmaid after all.

And now it felt even worse, being her bridesmaid. It felt even worse because now you knew Rin only did this to see you sink even further into deep darkness. She only did this to make you feel worse and more upset. That was the only reason why she asked you to be her bridesmaid in the first place.

Azami was already on his way to the wedding venue. You wanted some time alone before you went there. You wanted some time to get some strength before it was all probably going to get broken down. You didn't want to show your weakness to Rin again, so, you had to try and be strong.

But now you finally arrived at the venue, a beautiful looking place. The whole place was decorated with gorgeous flowers and little lights. You knew Rin had a special love for flowers and you knew you could expect a bunch of them at her wedding.

The wedding was going to go like this; you would first see Rin and have a talk with her because she wanted it. The processional begins with bridesmaids and groomsmen walking down the aisle, typically paired up. The maid of honour and best man walk down after all other bridesmaids and groomsmen have made their way down the aisle. After that Kurapika will walk down the aisle, and after that Rin will, holding your mothers hand.

''This way,'' a beautiful girl walked next to you to the room Rin was waiting at. A knot tied in your stomach and it felt like you were going to throw up any second. You knocked on the door, three times to be exact. Rin quickly opened it and let you inside.

''I'm so happy you're here!'' she chirped and you narrowed your eyes as you sat down. She looked absolutely stunning. Her beautiful dress complimented her baby bump perfectly and her hair was beautifully put up into a bun with a petunia flower holding everything together. She looked like a princess.