Feel better

I'm sorry, I didn't realise some of you didn't like the way I made Y/N

I'm sorry, I didn't realise some of you didn't like the way I made Y/N. I'll try my best to make the character more likeable. (:

I've made some changes in the chapter 'Small Café', so maybe reread that one first!

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Twenty five ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''I see you've taken off your engagement ring,'' you bite your bottom lip as you poke the pancake with your fork, waiting for Kurapika's reply.

The chewing Kurapika stopped for a second before continuing eating the breakfast he's made. His eyes shifted to his hand, which just felt naked to him after wearing the engagement ring for so long. He swallowed his food, licking his bottom lip and inhaled deeply. ''I have,'' he breathed out.

''So, it's finally going to happen, is it?''

''It is,'' he smiled weakly, taking your hand in his for a second before letting go. You scratched the back of your head as you tried your best to find the right way to word things.

''I've talked to Mai a while back and she asked me to promise her to talk to Rin.''

''Mai? Why?'' Kurapika frowned, letting go of his knife and fork as he stared into your eyes. The reason you were going to talk to Rin isn't only because Mai has asked you to, that would be strange. You wanted to talk to her sister and find the answers to some of your questions. You were sick of wondering the why's and how's and just wanted to confront her at this point.

''Rin is my sister and I want answers, Pika. I want to ask her why she's doing this knowing how much it was going to hurt me when I find out. I should have asked her way sooner, I know. I'm sick of this and I want some things to be said. The marriage isn't going to happen, right? I want to be honest with Rin and tell her how I feel about her now.''

''Should I come with you?'' he asked sweetly, taking your hand in his again and rubbing your skin with his thumb. You shook your head, ''no, this is something between Rin and me. I can do it on my own.''

''Alright, I understand,'' he stands up, taking your and his empty plate to the kitchen, placing them in the sink. You get up from your seat and wrap your arms around his neck while you kiss his lips lightly. He smiles into the kiss and wraps his arms around your body, pulling you closer to his own.

''I should go get ready,'' you whisper whilst your faces are only a few inches away. You stare into his eyes for a second before letting go of him and making your way to the bathroom, ready to take a shower and get ready for the date Kurapika had planned.

While you are showering Kurapika sits himself down on your sofa, staring at the black television screen. He's been feeling anxious ever since he basically 'broke up' with Rin. He wouldn't know what to do if Rin's pregnancy is real because of what he had been telling himself this whole time.

He doesn't want his kid to grow up without a father.

It's what he has been repeating over and over again in his mind and if Rin turns out to be pregnant, he wasn't going to let it happen. If Rin was going to forbid him from seeing his child, he will take it to court if he has to. He doesn't want Rin to manipulate him any longer. But she always had her ways of making things go her way, so, he had to be strong. He had to, to get his happy ending. The happy ending he was longing to get after all of the tragedy going on.

He sighs as he let himself sink into the sofa more, letting his feelings take over his mind. Terrible anguish struck his heart. He regrets being with Rin so much. He regrets believing the misleading things she's made up and most of all he regrets proposing to her. Rin had always shown her 'good' side to him. At one point it was like she was not even real because it seemed like she had no flaws. But it turns out she was different. A whole different person. And he was afraid of that side of her because he knows she can control him.

He shakes his head, trying to get rid of his thoughts as he sees you walk back into the living room. You wore nice, warm looking clothing with your coat already on and your scarf wrapped around your neck. You crack a smile as you hand him over his scarf and coat.

''Should we go now?'' you ask him sweetly, watching him put his jacket and scarf on also. He nods and the two of you leave your apartment. The chilly winter breeze hit your face and you look around yourself. The roads were white because of the snow and everyone was wearing thick coats. Your lips curled up when you feel Kurapika take your hand in his and you look up to him, seeing him smile with sparkles in his eyes caused a blush to spread across your cheeks.

The two of you reached a little stand which is selling hot drinks and pastries to the people out on the streets. Kurapika let's go of your hand whilst taking a step forward, ordering a coffee for you and himself. You thanked him and took a sip of the warm, bitter drink.

''I'm so ready to see you fall, Pika. Don't worry about me, I'm good at this,'' you grinned to yourself as the both of you reached the ice skating rink. There were a bunch of people on the ice already, from older people to little children. ''Maybe Gon and Killua are here as well!'' your voice grows bubbly and Kurapika cracks a smile.

''They might be!'' he replies, putting the ice skates on and tied the laces of the ice skates tightly. You did the same and took a step on the ice as you hold Kurapika's hand firmly.

''Oops,'' you gasp as you almost tumble over, but Kurapika was quick to capture your waist, stopping you from falling after being on the ice for just a brief moment.

''I thought you were good at ice skating, huh?'' he speaks sarcastically, laughing softly at you because he thinks you're cute. You tap his hands, causing him to let go of you and you smirk at him.

''I'm just pretending to be bad so you will feel better!''