Hospital

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Thirteen ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

It had been around one week since Rin had bought the wedding dress. Their wedding was only a few months away and It made you feel uneasy. Kurapika had to do something about the situation before the wedding.

Kurapika was at home with Rin who was in the kitchen cooking. He walked up to her and stood against the wall, arms crossed in front of his chest. He watched the girl he's supposed to love making food for him like everything was normal. To her it was.

He felt weird because Rin hadn't mentioned the bedroom thing that happened a week ago. And he liked it that way, he didn't want to have any more drama.

''Rin?''

''Yes, babe?''

''Strange question, but how long have you been pregnant?''

She put down the spoon she was holding and squinted her eyes as she met Kurapika's. She kept quiet and took in a deep breath, ''Not sure, a few months, I guess?''

''Aren't you supposed to know exactly how long you're pregnant?'' he frowned his eyes and tilted his head slightly as he started to doubt her.

''Gosh, honey, I'm a bit tired. I can't think straight right now,'' she tried to brush it off and waved her hand at him as she continued cooking the meal she was preparing for Kurapika and herself.

He parted his lips slightly and inhaled, ready to say something back, ''your tummy isn't growing and you're not showing any side effects either''

''Are you saying you think I'm faking my pregnancy?'' she spoke and raised her voice slightly as she stared into Kurapika's eyes. She scoffed and shook her head as she found him ridiculous. Who would fake their pregnancy, huh?

''I didn't say that''

''You suggested it. You didn't exactly say those words, but you're making it obvious.''

''Then explain to me why you decided to tell me months later you are pregnant?''

Rin kept quiet for a moment, ''I don't know. I was scared. I'm going to be a mom.''

''Are you, though?''

Rin widened her eyes as she looked at Kurapika who shook his head in disgust. Her cheeks started to get warm and tears started to burn into her eyes. ''Why don't you believe me?''

''Because it doesn't make any sense, Rin. I need to go.''

''Where are you going?''

''Should I tell you the truth or should I lie? Something you've gotten very good at,''

''What do you mean?'' Rin said and put her hands on her hips after she turned off the stove, not wanting to burn the food and start a fire. The tension in the room was awkward. Kurapika chuckled and rubbed his eyes.

''Why did you tell me Y/N works at a café?''

''I- because she does?''

''Rin, quit it. Quit lying to me. Why do you never have any exams you need to revise for and why do you never have any homework? Which major do you study again?''

Rin flipped her hair behind her shoulder and cleared her throat, ''scriptwriting''

Kurapika raised his brows and a small smile formed on his lips. He was surprised. She couldn't even remember her own lies. He exhaled loudly and broke eye contact with the girl in front of him.

''Oh, why am I never allowed to read the stories you write?''

''Because I'm insecure.''

''Fair enough. Name one title of one of your stories''

''Kurapika, this is so childish.''

''Yes, it is,'' he stated and walked over to the coat rack next to the door that lead to outside. He took his coat and put it on, along with his scarf, ''I can't look at you right now.''

''W-Where are you going?'' she stuttered and quickly walked over to him as she began to feel anxious.

''Y/N'' he said and saw Rin's eyes started to get glossy, ''Yes, what? Did you want me to lie about it? I'm sorry, I'm going to Azami.''

°•. ✿ .•°

You sat on your couch as you flip through the manga you're currently reading. You jump up slightly as you hear someone loudly knocking on your door. Your frown your brows. Could it be Azami?

You stood up and opened the door. You looked at Kurapika who obviously looked very frustrated. He frowned his brows and the corners of his lips were down. You started to get curious and took a step aside, signalling he could enter your apartment.

''Sorry, I'm getting curious. What happened?''

''I don't think she's pregnant'' he quickly dropped the bomb and sat down on the couch.

''Huh,'' you sat down next to him and narrowed your eyes as you met his gaze. You weren't quite sure what he meant, I mean, Rin must have shown him proof, you thought.

''She has lied about her career, her hobby and about you-''

''I still wanna know what she said about me''

''I will tell you one day. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if she lied about her pregnancy too. She told me after I said I cheated on her. Doesn't that smell fishy to you?''

You inhale deeply and break eye contact with the angry man next to you, ''I don't think it's right for you to assume something. If she isn't lying and you keep telling her she is, it might hurt her feelings. But on the other side, if she is lying, then that's messed up.''

Kurapika sighs and lets himself sink more into the couch, ''maybe I just want her to lie. It would be a good reason to leave her.''

''I guess,'' you sigh and flick your hair out of your sight. Suddenly your phone starts to ring and you walk over to the table which has your phone on it.

Azami. It said.

You narrowed your eyes and decide to pick up the call.

''Hello?''

''Hey. Is this Y/N?''

''Yeah... who are you?''

''Yuki, Azami's friend. You need to come to the hospital.''