four

** sick of losing soulmate, dodie

your body gently thrashed back and forth as you awake from your slumber. you rub your eyes a few times before realizing that dominic had been shaking you to get up. "y/n, it's your big day, love. get ready." his demands became more and more gentle by the second. at times, you almost consider him tolerable to be around.

"ugh, what time is it?" your voice was super groggy. you were in a deep sleep, dreaming about your graduation day; instead of getting kidnapped, you stayed home and celebrated with your family. of course when you woke in the middle of the night, you were disappointed when you couldn't find your parents anywhere. you ultimately cried yourself back to sleep.

"s'only six thirty, breakfast will be done by the time you're done showering, what would you like?"

only six thirty in the morning? really? you groan as you sit up, "chocolate chip waffles, raspberry compote, and french toast with powdered sugar and shaved white chocolate all on top." you were brief, fast, and undisturbed by his reaction as you quickly set up and head to the washroom.

"i'm no magician, but i'll try," he yells from the room you're supposed to call a bedroom.

standing in the shower, you couldn't help but think about dominic. every time you closed your eyes, you saw his beautiful, deviant, succulent green eyes. even as you stood under the warm water, your skin still got goosebumps. some times, not even just in the shower, you found yourself thinking about how he first touched you...before everything happened.

your drunk lanky body thought it was just adrenaline from being beside him as the two of you walked to his car, but the fact that you still felt that rush even now was scary, but it meant something. you weren't too sure about how the minds of psychopaths worked, which was pathetically ironic considering you did nothing but binge criminal minds on school nights, you were surprised you even graduated with honors; you were almost certain he was actually trying.

you slip into a large tee shirt, your unmentionables, and some comfy shorts before heading downstairs. each step closer, your senses filled more and more with various fragrances: bacon...pancakes...citrus...it was like stepping into a heaven for your nostrils. you look to find dominic turning in almost every direction. a cup of thick, reddish-pink liquid was on the counter along with a small stack of pancakes, french toast with powdered sugar and white chocolate just like you'd ask, bacon, and half cut oranges that looked recently drained. "i'm almost done, y/n. i swear it, i just-" he finally caught a glimpse of you. he looked like he could've died right there. you couldn't lie...it was adorable.

"you just...what?" you kept a blank look on your face.

"...had a late start," he answered.

the sound of loud sizzling alarmed you, he seemed to not be able to hear a thing. "well you better hurry before you burn your bacon," you suggest as you gesture to the pan. he snaps out of his daze, almost freaking out immediately. you wanted to laugh so bad, but you kept it to yourself, remembering what happened last time.

"is something funny to you , y/n?"

it only took the blink of a second before felt his and and cold metal against your cheek. he never once started any movement, but he sure as hell wanted to scare you, "i won't tell you a third time. so you best listen to me before i change my mind and be rid of you."

you shiver, snapping out of the thought of what he'd do and his, rather, deep screech also pulled you out. "mother of fucking hell," he hissed, "ahh, fuck." he held his hand in pain. "shit, dominic," you rush by him, cutting the oven off. you scramble to find a cloth before you let one soak under cold water; while it soaks, you rummage through his fridge for mustard. "no, y/n, you need to eat, i'll be alright."

you slam the bottle on the counter, "if you want this to work in both of our favors, then you need to stop telling me what to do," you demanded. he remained quiet as he sat on the stool, covering his hand, "let me see it," you ask. he lends to you, his right hand had been scorched by part of his cooking pan. you grab the cold, wet cloth and place it over the cherry red welt that marked him. "hold this on it while i go and grab a wrap." he nods.

you finally returned after about five minutes. With a bandage and cream you found in his bathroom. "How'd you find that so fast," he raises a brow to you. "i've had a lot of time to explore," you admit honestly; he nods. You grab the yellow condiment, "this will feel great for a moment but it may feel like something is stinging you nonstop but that's because it's taking out the burn," he winces as you gently spread it across his welt, "sorry," and you wrap it up soft but swiftly. "tomorrow," you take a sip of orange juice, "we'll put this on it," you point to the cream.

"always figured you were smart, y/n. thank you," his "th's" were more like "f's" you found it quite cute. "what would you like to do today exactly?"

the pictures in your mind are vivid, but fast. one seemed more of like a memory from a dream you had quite often since you'd been here. you and dominic on bikes, cruising around the square, taste testing random items in the candy shoppe, admiring wild animals roaming the park, laying in the grass, watching clouds form, making guesses at what they could be. it wasn't until just now you noticed how everything you had been offered your whole life had been taken for granted; you'd been worried about all of the other incorrect things to do.

"park sounds nice," you answer bleakly, rather upset with yourself than him.

"s'not all is it?" you shake your head, "alright then, we'll plan it as we go," he says, stuffing the last of the bacon in his mouth. he grabs a bag and darts to the fridge, throwing in random items together, "grab a sweater if needed." you nod in compliance. he snatches the keys off of his counter, throws the bag over his shoulder, opens the door for you, and gestures you out.

the car ride is silent, with the exception of music playing at very low volume and the dark-brown haired boy beside you tapping his thumb to the beat at the wheel. low hums can be heard from your mouth and you don't notice but dom tunes out the music to hear you even better. "you like the song," he asks you, you nod and he shocks you when he informs you, "that's my friend colson, it's his new music he's working on, album's coming soon."

colson? as in...no way.

"as in colson baker?" your brows are raised beyond belief. he sends you a nod, not taking his eyes off of the road. "you're telling me that you're friends with machine gun kelly," there's just no fucking way. "the one and only, love."

"woah...dominic...could i ask you some thing?"

he snaps his head in your direction as he pulls into a parking space. "go ahead," he insists.

"could i possibly make a few calls today...so they know i'm okay," you ask politely.

his excuse to dismiss your request, of course, was that he had been texting your parents and close friends. it didn't make the pain any less real, you missed hearing your friends, your parents, you missed all the strange conversations.

you didn't say anything beyond your thought, you were still afraid of upsetting him. the two of you get out of the car and begin walking together. "so...why the park?" you look over at the curious boy, "there's this...memory...that i have from when i was little. my dad would bring me here when he and my mother would get to arguing. there was just something about encountering all of the animals. sometimes there were deer, foxes, turtles, and one time there was a skunk, but i don't like to talk about that one."

"that sounds absolutely marvelous. shall we?" he extends his arm to lend you his hand.

"shall we..what?" his eyes gesture to his open hand; you follow them and reluctantly, you clasp on gently, as you remembered his scorched hand.

you didn't know this yet; slowly but surely, this boy was scorching you.