twenty-nine

** drown, bring me the horizon

"oh my god...it is you."

his face was just like how i remembered it. nothing had changed, his sad, aged eyes were probably from all the drinking he'd been known to do. he looked soullessly into my eyes as he began choking on his own bodily fluids. his blood covered teeth pierce through his smile and I could've vomited right there.

"kasen...what the fuck." he laughs at my tears.

"you were supposed to die," he choked out, getting blood on my foot.

"wait..." everything came flooding back to me, "what?"

"you know you've gotten really fucking selfish y/n!" i continued driving, just wanting to get him out of my car, "selfish? really? you dropped my fucking hand and wouldn't stay off of her! i've been your best friend for two fucking years and the minute we start dating, you're ashamed of me?" he portrayed a look of disgust on his face, "she's my fucking half sister you fucking psycho!" and then i remembered her familiar face, and her long brown hair...it was abby. his face was tinted devilish red, "look all i said was," and i wasn't allowed to finish. just like that, the pressure of his hands around my neck paralyze me as my mouth feels the pain of the steering wheel...then the radio...then the gear shift. i bit my tongue somehow amongst the process. i look up, hazily, and there's a curve...it's too late. "fuck!"

it's pitch black.

my body is tossed around like a rag doll as my seat belt is undone.

there's more black.

i feel my heart drop as my body effortlessly breaks through the window, and for a moment, i'm flying.

"you tried to kill me...they were telling the truth," there was a small painful lump gathering in my throat, i can't shake, he'll know how bad it really hurts, "i defended you."

"i," he coughs up more blood, "i really did love you, y/n." i'm quick to wipe a tear as i watch him struggle to prop himself up, he shuffles through the glass, i'm more than sure his hands are cut up. i empty out the cartridge and leave one bullet before placing it back in the chamber, my heart cuts at its own veins doing so. i try swallowing the giant pill that sits in my throat. "i wanted to leave abby..." i turned to him, my eyes are probably red and puffing up, i honestly didn't care. "you were giving me a way out of this kind of life. you are full of love and you were so free..."

"why would you try to kill me?" a strand of my damp y/h/c hair falls in front of my face, my blood and wine stained robe almost slips from my shoulders.

"we've known abby's family for years...and when your dad left you, he did something really bad, y/n..." he adjusts his balaclava to his neck to soak up blood that continued to slowly pour, "and i can't tell you. i just wanted it to be quick and painless for you. i didn't want to do it, but i had to..to prove myself. to teach him a lesson. but i never wanted you to know about this kind of life, y/n."

i wipe my tears as i step towards him, "you knew i had nothing to do with him after that, so why me?"

"because it would lead you to this."

my mind is blank, and yet there are so many thoughts running through my mind.

"and abby was your.."

"no...we were never related like that. you weren't supposed to find out anything. and i could never tell you what we actually did, so i just let them lie to you...it was easier for all of us, y/n."

"you ruined my life, kasen."

he can no longer talk without spewing blood at this point, "well y/n, you killed my fiancé."