thirteen

** love song, yungblud

** so sorry for my blurry picture skills but bbbois gorgeous smile 🥺🥺 the backstory y/n tells in this is based off of a personal even that happened to me a few years ago. i've always wanted to tell it but i didn't know how. finally fucking found a way; i was very fucking exited to write this chapter and also i'll let you know when to play this song, it just kind of fits 🥴🥰

it's three weeks into the tour and you've honestly had the time of your life. dominic wasn't kidding when he said every night was crazier than the last. earlier, he told you that tonight's show would be different.

tonight's show was in nashville, a place you never thought you'd want to see more than you were right now. there was so much life in ever inch of downtown nashville.

"so what should we do today," he comes in with a plate of pancakes from the lobby.

"considering i know nothing about nashville and you've been here more times than i, i figured you'd know." you laugh at the boy who say in front of you, stuffing his face.

"well fook, i guess you're right." you laugh at his sassy tone, "i like seeing you like this," you admit,

"like what?"

"happy...peaceful...hopeful."

"couldn't have it without you, love. get dressed, we're heading out!" he takes a giant gulp of dr pepper. seems to be his favorite when he tours considering you never see him drink it at home. you honestly couldn't wait, nashville almost seemed as good as l.a. if not better.

most of the midday, the two of you spent on party barges that drove around downtown, taking pictures of each other against the many wall murals, and stopping to listen to the different sets of music at the different spots on the street, but your favorite part had to be walking across the pedestrian bridge above the cumberland river.

"if you don't mind me asking, what happened when you...you know," he made steering motions with his hands, "...my accident?"

"yeah.."

it's honestly been so long since you've talked to anyone about it, but you knew he'd find out at some point, might as well be now.

"uhm, this is kind of a long story, but i'll do my best."

"no, no, take your time," he insists as the two of you continue to walk.

dom's pov

"well it was november in 2018. the day after a college trip for my junior class. i went to pick up the guy i was with at the time. it was getting close to christmas time and all the sales were up so i was going to let him pick out something...i don't remember what happened, but ultimately we ended up getting in an argument. my memory is pretty fuzzy after we left the walmart parking lot, but the next time i woke up, it was three days later in a hospital."

oh fuck.

"somehow, my car went straight off of a sharp turn and they said it rolled about eight times. somehow my seatbelt came loose and i was thrown around in my own car, and then i was thrown out through the driver side window..." i could hear her voice become shaky, "my car hit me before i hit the ground and it snapped the bottom of my spine at the vertebrae; i broke my neck once i landed and it broke the vertebrae there too."

"so you're not even supposed to,"

"be alive? yeah. doctors said that too. they wanted to let me pass but my mom said 'fuck that.' once my surgeries were done, they told her i was going to be paralyzed for the rest of my life. next thing you know, by march i was trying out for my senior year of cheer and working two jobs at two different restaurants, making bank with a lot of stress."