thirty

set fire to the rain, adele 

i feel like i'm trying to drown myself as i viciously splash my face with water to rid of kasen's blood.

i didn't know abby the way dom or kasen did.

i wondered if dom felt the way i feel now when he walked into that hotel room...

this also means, they both have a child at home that will grow up with no parents...the way i ended up not really even knowing my father. what was he even doing all this time? and what did he do that was so fucking bad?

the ringing in my ears has yet to subside and it's a fucking miracle i'm not deaf yet. drying off with the towel, i reach for my phone.
i call megan as i walk to the back room to throw on some actual clothes.

"y/n! oh my god you're okay,"

"megan...i killed the guy," she can't know, "and after tonight, i'm done." i hang up before she can say a word and raid the wardrobe.

as i skim for comfortable, indiscreet clothes, i kept questioning everything i knew.

did my dad lie about his problems?

how was kasen even involved with abby's family and how did his family end up in this?

why wouldn't dom tell me he already knew who kasen was?

or that he already knew what he did?

i wipe my tears and swallow that sinking lump in my throat at the the thought even having to confront him. i place myself into a white tee shirt, a black hoodie, and black sweatpants that were all just a bit too fucking baggy. i slip into a pair of socks that are a bit too long for my liking and search for shoes.

who's boat was this anyway?

i didn't know what needed to be prioritized in questioning anymore. for all i knew, this wasn't keys' boat, i could be wearing clothes that belonged to some bad guy or even someone innocent. i walk outside to see how far out we had gotten; to my surprise, more or less, we never left the fucking pier.

we never left the docs, where's the closet location i can get to you?

i zip up my hoodie and go back for the rest of the bullets as i await her response. i load the clip and place it in the deep pockets of these sweatpants. my hair was a ruffled disaster after all that.

...

...

...

"mate, you good?"

a breathless, bruised dominic attempts to talk to colson as they rest against each other in the empty room on a cold concrete floor. the ropes were tight as fuck. their wrists were throbbing from the pain, "bro if you move, it only makes it feel tighter."

fucking hell.

"they'll come."

dominic's heart sank as he couldn't help but wonder, "but will she make it?"

"she'll be fine bro."

...

...

...

coming up on the street corner, the black suv approaches, back door swinging wide open. i see megan's silhouette readjust and i quicken my pace. leaping in, gerald doesn't slow down, and i hold my breath praying that this isn't the fucking moment i break something of mine.

"you look comfy," i love her, but she's too optimistic for this shit. there's not a single word i could murmur out without caving. i make sure the safety's on as the gun rests on my waistline between a tightly pulled band and the camisole that covers my cold blooded skin.