chapter thirty-two

two shots go off in unison. dominic smiles in triumph as he takes down his lover's offender; he looks to you to meet your joy, he's met with sacred horror. you stood there, dazed, with ringing ears, and tears of joy. you didn't mind the blood soaking through your white tee shirt. your body throbbed with pain, and you could feel every pulsing beat from your heart, rapid with adrenaline. in fact, there's so much adrenaline...so much blood, you could barely stand.

megan's screams are muted from the ringing, but you feel her dainty arms catch you before you hit the ground. you looked to her with a pitiful smile, or you tried. you could barely see through the glossy film in your eyes. your head rested against her chest, and you could feel the vibration of her beautiful voice.

"no." dominic cries. "no!"

colson holds a firm grip on him as he thrashes in place, trying to get to you. he wears himself down eventually. you look to him, your breathing slows. god, this hurts like a bitch, you thought. megan brushes a single strand of hair from your beautiful face; she gently lifts you over to dom, who just holds you. you make your best attempt in bringing your hand up, but every muscle in your body grows sore, "colson, do something," you read his lips as he assists your hand to his cheek. they look to each other, colson's face wears his weary heart all over it, and dominic can't help but sob. he looks back to you, trying to dry it up; you let your tears fall as his mix in amidst the chaos.

i can't believe i'm doing this to him.

"i love you," you whimper out. suddenly, his crying stops. his tears lay bare on his face and yours. he kisses your forehead, and begins to sing gently by your side.

"you sunshine, you temptress...

my hand's at risk, i fold..."

even when he's shaky, crumbling before you as you lay in his arms, his voice soothed you. you lost track of time and nearly everything around you when you listened to him.

"we'll be alright."

"if this works, how do plan to take care of me?"

he took care of you in ways unthinkable.

"it's beautiful," he speaks about your scar that highlighted your spine.

you remembered every beautiful, tragic moment from that night by the pool.

once you're both under, you open your eyes and it's like seeing him in a different light, not just pool lights. in these few moments, it was almost like neither of you needed to breathe. looking at him was like looking at an angel of a different celestial. you didn't know if it was you, him, or the water, but you felt...closer. even through water, you felt your cheeks burn up like rapid fire as he brushed your strands of hair from the front of your view.

there was a beautiful, magic kind of love there.

he holds his eye, and lets out a huff. except you've heard that huff enough to know it all too well. you whimper out a "fuck." in seconds, your backed up against the concrete wall of the pool, another whimper escapes your mouth..."dom, please, you're hurting me right now," you grip his forearm tightly. it's almost like he's on command when his grip loosens, your body sinks into the water before you straighten yourself up.

what a sad, beautiful, and terribly tragic love affair this was.

he rocks you back and forth as if you're a child. he kept singing this song for you over and over...he was telling you to let go.

"guess i lost my halo," you told him.

"...but you're such an angel,"..."i don't want to ruin you."

he couldn't help but smile at your deathbed-ridden remark. his quiet sobs are silence by his words which humored and broke you, "i ruined you." you couldn't keep him waiting like this; colson leans by him with his hand on his shoulder, telling him that he had to let go. megan wipes her continuous tears as she kisses your forehead and grips your hand. you close your eyes, you couldn't bare to look at them fade away. colson grabs your wrist checking for a pulse.

after a minute or so, his face is somber. he looks to dominic and closes his eyes for a moment as a single tear sets itself free and nodding in refusal. dominic's screams could probably have been heard from all over new york had it not been for the crazy casino party going on down stairs. megan and colson look to each other, not knowing what to say...or do. they watch as dom trashes what made up the penthouse office.

"i'll call for keys," megan whispered to colson, "you get him to the car." he nods as she makes her way to the elevator, keeping her composure. as soon as the doors have closed, she can't contain her whimpers in anymore. i can't believe she's doing this, she thought. pulling out her phone, she dials a familiar number, "keys...it's done," she attempts to control her cries, "i need you to wire everything in cyrus' share to the account...please come get her...and call when the plane is ready."

dominic ruined you.

he was ruined before.

he had been ruined to a state beyond recognition.

to him, you were the love of his life. he couldn't bare the sight before him, "keys is coming to get her, dom, we need to go."

"no!" he makes sure that colson kept his distance, "i won't go any fucking where until he gets...'til he gets...here," dominic lost track of his words, his arms were numb, along with his jaw, his legs, even his eyes felt numb. colson released the last bit of midazolam, along with his guilt. "just until this is over with," he whispered aloud. throwing dom's arm around his shoulders, he carries him along to the elevator. passing your vegetative body, he picks up the gun you wielded from kasen, turned to look at yon...or cyrus, one last time, eand made perfect aim right between his eyes.

the elevator doors open to the boys. your body lay there, your blood smitten of your clothing.

you had to do this.

this all ended tonight.

you had set them free.