Epilogue: Life Goes On

Hiiiii
OMG finally last chapter.
I cannot believe this story has finished.
Wow

I first published it on 2019-08-16 and now we're at the end of 2020
There was no Pandemic when i started writing :/

I want to thank you so much for sticking to the story till the end and giving me motivation and making me smile with your kind comments and words of encouragement and stars.
Love you so much.

I'm a day late but Happy Birthday to Kim Taehyung ^^

*********************************

Yoongi slowly opens his eyes, still feeling exhausted but cold that's licking at his face and creeping under the blanket makes it impossible to sleep. He turns over. Of course his side is empty. Jimin is standing in front of the open window, wearing nothing but a large white shirt, hanging loosely from his shoulders. He wonder how he is not freezing but then again that man has always loved cold. Jimin does that a lot. Getting out of bed in the middle of night just to stare at the lake.

It's a mesmerizing sight at night. Peaceful. Moon with its all glory cascading its light on the mirror-like water and with the stars reflecting in black, it looks like cosmos. Can't blame Jimin for getting lost into its beauty.

Only if it was just the magic of water.

Yoongi knows Jimin has trouble sleeping. It's getting worse day by day. He is missing his Hyung so damn much and he can't even talk to him on phone, all he's left are pictures in his phone. It's hurting him, the separation and Yoongi can't do anything to comfort him or sooth his pain. It wasn't a normal goodbye. It is not a simple temporary separation like what every family has to experience. It's a forever world of missing and guilt. Yoongi has noticed how Jimin checks the Korean news every morning in fear of hearing something bad or ghosting his brother's social media which hasn't been updated since seven months ago.

Jimin tries to hide his feeling, his tears, trying his best to smile for him but Yoongi knows, Yoongi sees and he wonders if he was selfish accepting this offer. Maybe he should have just ended it instead of yanking Jimin away from his only family member. Now both Hoseok and Jimin are suffering because he was a weak coward. Maybe Jimin was better without him but it's a choice they made and now they have to live with it. All alone somewhere deep in New Zealand and zero contact to their past life, no news on how they're doing.

This place isn't bad either. Not gonna lie it's actually pretty nice. A small hotel in the middle of nowhere run by an old nice couple. An acquaintance of Jin. The couple needed help running the place and they needed a place to stay and of course a job. The payment isn't much for two people but since they don't need to worry about food or bills, it suffices. Jimin loves going to town and then fill their small room with useless stuff but who is he to complain? As long as Jimin is happy, he can sleep in balcony just to create more space for his stuff.

It's shopping therapy. The old lady told him once when Yoongi expressed his worry about him going to town alone. Yoongi can't go with him every time since one of them has to stay and help if there is a guest. The couple is nice and they don't ask questions and if a guest is Korean or Chinese they always make sure everything is safe. Yoongi isn't sure how much they know about them and he never asked. It's better this way.

"Jimin?" The younger man hums in response, still lost. "Come to bed baby."

"There is a raven outside."

"A raven?"

It's odd. He had never seen a raven in this area before.

"It looks lonely." Jimin sounds genuinely upset.