Dullahan

Yoonmin is a slow burn in this story.
But Vkook ... well... it's vkook.

Anyway

Hope you enjoy^^ and please don't be just ghostreader (I appreciate each and one of you) ❤

●○●○●○●○●○

Jimin has his back against the fence, eyes closed, feeling the warmth of the sun on his face. It hasn’t been a day and he already misses this. He used to laze around on the rooftop with Hoseok, enjoying the sun while downing cans of cheap soju and talking about their dreams. Hoseok fantasizing about working as a lawyer or a prosecutor, wearing a tailored suit while shouting “Objection”. Protecting the poor and innocent and sending the bad guys behind the bars. And Jimin fantasized about his Hyung, about fulfilling his dreams, to help him live a life deserving of a kind soul like him.

“Wassup Kiddo?”

The loud voice brings him back to reality and he opens his eye only to be met a man not older than thirty with a missing tooth and scarred face, hairy and disgusting.

Should he respond?

Should he ignore?

He eyes the yard, there is no sign of Jungkook, not that he wants to get him involved. He doesn’t need a baby-sitter or a body-guard. He couldn’t both hide behind a kid  and impress the king at the same time. No one wants a scrawny coward who can’t even protect himself but two is always better than one and he is not really in mood of getting into trouble on his first day. He wants the King’s attention not the peasants and the fucking dogs. The man looks annoyed by his lack of response.

“I’m talking to you, brat. Show some respect.” Jimin frowns as the man takes a firm grip of his arm, too tight that he is sure it will leave angry red marks but he doesn’t push the man away, he can’t act on instinct no matter how uncomfortably close the man is and he knows he can’t win the man in a one-to-one battle. He can’t get beaten up the first day and expect to find his way inside the circle of the cool boys. He feels like he is back at high school again, he didn’t feel like that at the tables thanks to Jungkook but now he can see the reality of this place. He plants his feet to the ground and straightens his back, the man is a lot taller and he has to look up to answer his regard, frowning as the sun irritates his eyes but he doesn’t backdown. He can’t look weak.

“Do I know you?”

The man hold his chin between his index and thumb. ‘You’re a pretty one.” Jimin doesn’t like the way the man looks at him or talk to him as if he is nothing but an interesting toy to play with. He wants to push him away, he wants to break the hands that are now on his waist, but he doesn’t want to trigger the man or start a fight he can’t win.

He feels the hand going lower. He grabs his wrist as the man playfully squeezes his butt, fingers dangerously close to the crack. His options are very limited as well as the air in his lungs and he has to constantly remind himself to breath, he can’t have a panic attack in front of the whole prison. He could either push the man away and tries his luck in a fight or let the man does his touching and leave. it’s not like he can do much in the middle of the yard. He hates both options. He is aware of the consequences of staying silent, it’s a sign of weakness, it would allow the man to harass him again and maybe next time it wouldn’t be in public. Letting other prisoners think of him as an easy target won’t end well.

“I can protect you, you know.” The man whispers. “Those animals will eat you alive but I can make you untouchable.”

Jimin doesn’t answer, just tightens his grip. He doesn’t trust his voice to not quiver or his mouth to not start begging the man for mercy. He is terrified and he is not sure how much longer he can keep his unbothered façade. His free hand curls into a fist, ready to throw the first punch, he has to do something before crumbling down. Yes he will probably lose but he can’t go down without a fight, he won’t. He won’t turn into their plaything.

“Back-off you piece of junk.”

Jimin never thought this screaming voice can make him feel safe, just a few hours ago it was a pain in the ass, a noise, and now it becomes his savior. He looks toward Jungkook who is glaring at the man, eyes narrowed, challenging the man to do anything. Jimin blinks a few times to observe the boy better, sun had totally burned his eyes. He let out the breath he doesn’t know he is holding when the man leaves, watching him with amusement. “He is scared of you.” How come such a big man is scared of such a cute boy?

“It’s not me.” Jungkook chuckles and Jimin doesn’t ask what he means by that. It was definitely not him either. “Here.” He tosses a packet and Jimin catches it skillfully, taking out a stick without care.