Icarus

Hi^^
Sorry for late update. As you know wattpad is blocked in my country so i use VPN. Unfortunately i couldn't connect my VPN the past few days. I just gave up. I will use my phone until i find a new one.

Enough nagging XD

Hope you enjoy this chapter ^^

■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■○■

Following Yoongi into the columbarium, Jimin once again questions himself for agreeing to this. He can’t understand Yoongi. There is no point in apologizing to an empty shelf on the wall. They could beg for forgiveness on their knees, but at the end of the day, Taemin is still dead, Jimin is still a killer and Yoongi is still a turncoat.

Jimin doesn’t know why he doesn’t want to be there. Maybe because it might make it real, that he might lose the blessing of numbness. Guilt is the last thing he needs right now. There is plenty of time to drown himself in misery after the operation. Unfortunately, Yoongi isn’t the type to run away from reality but he is also scared to face it alone. That’s why he is stuck here now, seconds away from facing the damage he has done.

Maybe Yoongi has sensed his anxiety, maybe he needs comfort himself, whatever the case is, the older man reaches to hold his hand tightly and Jimin is grateful. Just this small contact is enough to ground him a little.

 Jimin follows Yoongi to one of the rooms. It’s a huge room full of Niches in columbarium walls, housing the ashes and memories of once living humans. He wonders if this is all left of them, that they’re vanished into nothingness or if they still exists, somewhere no living human being has ever reached. Is Taemin watching him? Or he is gone forever?

When Yoongi stands in front of a niche, Jimin stops a step behind, keeping his eyes down, fingers still locked with the other man’s comforting one. He isn’t ready to face this, because this isn’t right. He was supposed to meet Taemin at the office, receive medal together but here he is, in front of a memorial, unable to hold hin close or listen to his laugh. Taemin was just a young man whose wish was to become a dancer one day. He didn’t deserve to die like that.

Jimin pulls a face when Yoongi’s hand slip out of his hold. He looks up, following his gaze. There isn’t even an urn in there because there was no body to cremate. Taemin is still at the bottom of Han River, cold and alone. Unlike other niches, Taemin’s only has his uniform, a flower and pictures…

Taemin in uniform, Taemin and his sister, Taemin and his wife, Taemin and…

Pictures…

Shit.

A rainy night in a family restaurant. It was the exact night Taemin announced his wife’s pregnancy, Jimin clearly remembers because Taemin almost went bankrupt that night with how much everyone ate. Jimin remembers and can’t take his eyes off of that one particular picture: Taemin almost squeezing Jimin to death. A picture taken by Taemin’s wife.

Oh God-

It’s absolute dread that makes his stomach locked up tight, locking his jaw and every damn muscle in his body as he slowly moves his gaze to look at Yoongi. The older man is just staring at him with a straight face, there is nothing in his eyes to indicate what’s going to be in his face next. A gun or a fist. He is just staring and it frightens him even more.