Heartless

First of all, I want you to know that nothing is an accident in this story. There are a lot of unsaid hints in it. And don't trust anything in this story. Don't even trust the characters. People lie to survive. (the last one applies to upcoming chapters the most)

*Also I'll be uploading this story every Friday^^
I might add another day in the future after writing more drafts.

•●●•●●•●●•●●•●●•

Yoongi opens his eyes to screams. The lights are on and his mind is still fuzzy from the pills and sleep but he knows he is in an unfamiliar room. There are no traces of the familiar smell of mint and meadow and the mattress is too rough his muscles are protesting.

He knows the scream comes from just outside the room so he sits on the bed, rubbing the sleep away from his burning eyes and getting himself ready to drags his heavy body outside.

He can’t quite remember how he ended up here… Seokjin’s helpless expression… white chulky pills … a faint pleasant voice… there are broken images but there is something else… something important…

The scream gets louder. It’s heart-wrenching, painful and he feels dread creeping his chest. He lifts up his heavy body lazily and walks to the source of the scream.

“You lying motherfuckers, get the fuck out.”, ”Shut the fuck up, I don’t want to hear a fucking word. Give me a fucking phone, you bastards”,…

The voice is cursing, screaming, howling but it doesn’t sound angry.

It’s just…

Broken.

the crowd splits up, letting him through and he feels a pang in his chest at the sight of Jimin wailing in Jungkook’s arms. Clutching his hair, crying, cussing, screaming and the fact that the guards are letting him make a scene without stopping or threatening him with the hole is what makes his blood runs cold, heart pacing inside his chest.

No one is talking.

The look in the eyes of the prisoners aren’t mocking. It’s odd. Why they aren’t making fun of a man crying?

It’s wrong. Everything looks wrong.

He approaches a guard. “What’s going on?” He asks, feeling an unfamiliar burning sensation in his eyes.

“It’s his mother, Sir.” The guard answers. “She has died in a hit and run.”

Shit.

Yoongi wants to reach the boy, to look in those beautiful dark brown orbs and tell him it will be alright. Massage the back of his neck like the other day and watch him melt in his touch… but he just stands there. He can’t go to him, he can’t let the prison know how much he cares about the boy… that would put him in much more danger.

He stands there uselessly, watches how it takes three guards to hold him down to inject a sedation. Jimin’s body goes limp and they take him away… and he let them because he can’t do shit. He doesn’t know what to do.

Utter helplessness… It’s been a long time since he’s felt it.

And it’s terrible.