Fallen Angel

Hiiiiiiii
I have no excuse for being late
I'm really sorry
It won't happen again
I love you

********************************************

"Are you nervous?" Seokjin asks as he follows Jimin into the elevator, jabbing the familiar button before turning to face him. Jimin shrugs his shoulders, looking at Seokjin's chin rather than his eyes. "He missed you a lot, you know?"

Going to meet the man he betrayed after a month is nerve-wrecking. Jimin is sure Seokjin can hear the sound of his heart throbbing against his rib cage. He looks up at his own reflection in the mirror covering the carriage's wall. His blue hair looked like a beached kelp, all messy and tangled, not at all like when he left home.

"Eighty-six." Seokjin says and Jimin looks at him with a curious look, lifting his brows. "You ran your hands through your hair eighty six times."

"You counted?"

Seokjin lets out a soft chuckle. "The drive was long and boring and you weren't talking to me."

Before Jimin can think of a response, the doors slides open. Jimin can't really choose between stepping outside and pressing the G button. He knows the second he walks into that house, there is not turning back anymore. He can't break Yoongi, not again. Whatever promises he is going to make, he has to keep them because god knows he deserves so much better. Luckily Seokjin senses his hesitation and makes the decision in his place, pulling him by arm.

Hoseok told him once, that he would drop everything just to leave this shithole of a country with him where he could feel safe and happy and it was a tempting offer. Fuck, the idea of leaving in some small sunny island surrounded with water and palm trees sounds like heaven, but he doesn't think he could be happy, not without a disclosure. Running away has never been an option. So he takes a deep breath and walks through the open door.

The living room is dim, most of the light comes from the kitchen where it is filled with whispers and hushed giggles. Probably Jungkook has found a new way to tease Taehyung. Yoongi has burritoed himself with a blanket on the couch, leaving only one hand out to hold a paper up, looking bored as fuck. Jimin almost cries seeing him but he sucks a sharp breath in, hissing through his gritted teeth and swallowing the sudden lump in his throat.

Yoongi's head turns around so fast, eyes widening at seeing him. "J-Jimin."

Damn. He missed this. The tone of his name on his tongue. "Hey." It's awkward, the way both of them can't do anything other than looking into each other's eyes. And for a second he thinks Yoongi is going to ask him to leave because why would he want his betraying ass back! But then he drops the paper without care, yanking on the blanket. He looks frustrated when he can't free himself fast enough but to Jimin it's an adorable sight. The faint frown on his face and those little huffs he lets out through his poutty lips.

"God." Yoongi mumbles under the breath as he finally manages to stand up, not taking his eyes off of the blue haired man in front of him. He pulls him into a secure hug. "I missed you."

It's just three words. Just three words and it means more than anything he's ever been told, sweeter, brimming with love. Jimin wraps his arms around him burrowing his face in the crook of his neck. For the first time in the past few weeks, Jimin feels safe and the muscle beating inside his chest doesn't feel like an edgy ice cube that cuts him from inside.

Hugging Yoongi has always felt too short. Be it spending the whole night in his arms or a five second gentle hug, it's never enough. So when Yoongi slowly pulls back, he unconsciously clutches the fabric of his shirt, not allowing him to walk away. Yoongi smiles at him when he feels his distress so he leans to press his lips on his forehead. Jimin closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, enjoying the warmth of his kiss spreading all over his body. His muscles relax.