♤ Four ♤

"Oh, I know this book. It's amazing, I love the story behind every character and it always has a surprise. Really interesting until the end." I say and give Violet the book, she asked me about, earlier.

She simply nods thankfully and holds onto the book. Probably wanting to take it to the dorms later.

"And this one? Did you read it? The description is vague, so I am unable to decide if it is worth reading or not."
The book she shows me has a wonderful color, but I have to agree, that the description is very short. Quite interesting though.

"I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't know this one. I could read it for you and tell you about it and if you should read it!" I say exited.

Violet looks up to me in confusion.
"Why would you read a book just for me? If it is not interesting for you, you don't have to read it. Perhaps I'll do it myself."

"Oh...well no worries, it does sound interesting, but aah....I-"

How should I tell you, that it would not be a burden for me, to do anything for you?

That thought of mine makes me blush and I hide my face behind my own book I brought, in case, I stay here and want to read for a while.

I watch closely as the girl in front of me, slowly raises her free hand up to her chest. More specifically, she slightly grabs onto her uniform right above her heart. Her eyes have a look of confusion and warmth in them.

As I see her standing and staring at me like that, I can't help but lower my book and stare back at her, still blushing.

The rapid beating of my heart against my chest is so loud, that I don't even hear all the surrounding noises.
Even in a library it is quite lively.

"V-Violet? Is everything okay?" I ask politely and truly worried.

Maybe she has a heart attack and that is why she grabs onto her clothes...

It seems like she wakes up from a trance, as her eyes watch me talking.

"I-" she stops for a second and clears her throat, "Unfortunately, I can't tell, if I am okay. My heart is beating fast. Warmth fills my body. Am I sick?"
Very slowly I put my hand on her forehead to see if she got a fever.

A sigh of relief escaped and I shake my head no.
"Maybe you should rest a bit in your dorm. Want me to bring you there?"

Violet also seems slightly relieved and gladly accepts my offer.

With the books, the two of us head to the dorms and soon stand in front of hers.

"Do you have any chores to fulfill or homework to do?" Startled by her sudden question, I need a moment to think of anything.

When I can't think of something to do, I shake my head again.

"Well, do you want to come in then? Until dinner, we could read or talk a little while, if you'd like?"

My heart skips a beat. Perhaps even two.
"Of course! I would love to stay with you!"

She nods and invites me into her room.

"Wow, I see your room is very organized and clean." I mutter, while taking in the sight in front of me.

On the desk, right under the window with a beautiful view on the landscape, there sits a typewriter and a bunch of blank papers. I guess, they are used for the typewriter.

"Do you like writing?" I ask and get closer to the desk.

Violet appears next to me. "I write letters. It is my duty as an auto memories doll."

"That sounds interesting. What letters do you write and for whom?"

"There were many letters. I wrote for friends and family. For royal manners and average people." She responds. By now, I sit on the table, with the books in my lap, while I watch her, sitting in the chair, next to me.

"Did you ever write a letter you wanted to write? Not that anybody requested it."
I am fascinated how she looks out the window and just thinks about her answer.

"Sometimes I wrote letters to the major, when I believed and was told, he was alive. But not as an auto memories doll."

Major? Like...in the military?

"Were you in the war? Were you close to the major?" I immediately regret asking, when I see her pain.

"No, don't answer, if you don't want! I'm sorry, I asked, I didn't mean to sadden you!" I exclaim.

"It was a long time ago. Don't worry, Y/N! Yes, I
was held as a weapon against our enemies. I killed many people. I was young and just wanted to follow the major. Because.... because I liked him. He always handled me with kindness and said I wasn't just his pet, like everybody around me said."

Suddenly she takes off her gloves. The metal shines in the afternoon lights.

"Can I-" before I finish my sentence, I already feel the cold metal on my fingers and hand, since Violet took my hands into her own.

I analyzed everything. Not only her hand, her wrist and face. I watch her body expression and if anything I do, is making her uncomfortable. That is the last thing I want. Relieved, I notice her calm behavior and warm welcome eyes traveling along my body.

Blue is and always will be my favorite color...

♤♤♤