♤ Thirty - Two ♤

"I am done with my work now. Sorry, the last client took a few minutes longer to get their words ready." My girlfriend apologizes, but I tell her, that it is okay.

"Where do we go now?" She asks me and I shrug. "I am kind of hungry again, maybe you could show me a café where we can get a drink and a little snack.?" It sounds more like a question and my facial expression also mirrors that.

Violet stares at me, I can not really tell, if she is thinking or trying to tell me something with her eyes. I tilt my head and raise an eyebrow at her. "Yes, I have a place In my mind, which is not far from here. I like that place, good quality food and drinks."

"Then that is settled."

I stand up, putting the book into my tiny backpack, which only consists of my wallet and my precious book I carry around all the time.

The walk really is not long, but it seems like it is, because I constantly have the urge to intertwine my hand with Violets, which always brushes against mine. Many people walk around us, at this time it seems busier than I thought, so I hesitate to take her hand.

On the way, I also think about, if going to the café together, could be considered as our first date.

I walk a bit closer to her.

"Do you...do you think we could call this our first date?" From the side, I see a faint blush on her cheeks, her facial expression does not change though.

"I would love to think of it as a date. I never had one before, but from books I read about it. Thats how it is done, right?" I nod and look in front of us again, noticing our destination Violet described to me earlier, before we walked here.

It is a tiny and cozy looking café, with pastel colors, like blue, green and yellow on the outside. The logo shows a huge written Name of the Café. The door opens and a bell goes off, signaling, that customers have arrived. We look around for seats, when suddenly Violet drags me to a corner where a table for two waits for us. We sit down and a waiter comes and greets us, since only a few people are around.
"What would you like to drink today?" he asks us and I look at a small cart for drinks on our table.

"I will have orange juice." I say calmly and watch Violet as she orders the same.

When the waitress leaves to get our orders ready, I look out the window and secretly observe Violets faint reflection in the window. She is looking at me and I immediately blush, because she looks so lovely.

"So...how were the clients today? Very stressful?" I ask hesitantly, without having any idea, what I should have asked instead.

My head turns towards her, when she starts telling me about her duties and how she loves writing letters. Of course we also get to talk about the plan on traveling together.

Though, we are just a few minutes into that conversation, when we are interrupted and our drinks are served.

A second later, we already order our food and then peacefully continue talking. As the food arrives, we already decided, when traveling is best or rather, when Violets client expects her to be there. Exactly three days from now and we will take the train towards my hometown.

"I am so happy that you wanted to come with me anyway. Although my parents are not really the nicest people." At least not towards their own daughter.

I shouldnt bring this up at our first date and maybe wait a few days. But she might want to meet them and has expectation or something.

"That is okay. I met plenty of rude people in my life." Sometimes I forget, how much she has already seen of the world. Where I had to sit in school and study.

"Well, rude doesnt really pinpoint their behavior. They are just really difficult. Against...you know...this." I try to explain, luckily she understands what I am trying to say and nods.

"Now I get, why you probably weren't appealed to the idea to meet them right after school, am I right?" I nod again.

"We can find a solution. They never have to know. I dont have to meet them either, if that is better." Shrugging my shoulder, I am thinking of a way to turn this conversation and change the subject.

That becomes unnecessary, when we just silently eat, since Violet must have noticed that I get really nervous, when talking about my parents.

♤♤♤