♤ Sixteen ♤

"I am glad, I don't disturb or interupt anything. I just want to speak to you."

Of course I let her speak with me. It is the last day after all. Maybe the last day, where I see those eyes.

"Why do you look so sad?" I move on the bed, for Violet to sit down next to me.

"Well, you are my friend. I am sad, you have to leave. How can I be sure to meet you again?" I say and stare to the ground.

Violet doesn't answer, as I am not expecting one.

"When is your first exam?" She asks, probably to change the subject and to keep away the silence.

"The day after tomorrow. I have already studied for hours. But you know that already." I smile, when I remember, all the hours, she tried to teach me some of the things from my class.

Throughout studying, we took breaks and talked with each other. One time, I cought myself blushing furiously, when I managed to tell a funny story of my childhood and Violet genuinely laughed. It wasn't loud or anything. Just like herself, it was angelic, quiet and maybe more like a chuckle. At that moment, I was so happy, that I could make her chuckle.

"I wish you good luck on all your exams."
I nod and mumble a quiet thank you.
Moments of silence pass and I don't know what to do or say. Suddenly, the church bell rings and I count silently. 12 times. It is noon.

"I have to go now. My carriage should arrive soon and lead me back home."
We stand up at the same time and I walk her to the door of my dorm and open it for her.

"I am grateful, I had the opportunity to spent time with you, Violet. It would be a pleasure to meet you again." I say and bow slightly. The sudden urge to hug her comes washing over me, but I am unsure of doing so.

"I as well wish to meet you once again. Goodbye, Y/N."

"Goodbye, Violet."

The door closes behind her and I stand there for a few moments. Then I hear voices coming from outside and I open the window to see, who is talking. Of course it is Amy and soon Violet joins her. Together they walk up to the huge gate.

Amy looks really sad, Violet just stands there, as always. But I catch a glimpse of sadness in her facial expression as well.

Amy is still a friend of hers. She will probably miss her.

I watch as Violet walks through the open gate and up to the carriage waiting for her. The gate closes and when I hear the metallic noises confirming it is closed, the carriage starts moving and after a few moments, it dissapears behind trees.

After closing my window, I sit on the bed. It feels like hours until I notice, that my face is wet, my eyes sting and my clothes already have droplets of my tears on them. I am crying.

Minutes pass and I still cry silently on my bed. After a while, I decide to get over it, whipe my tears away and start heading to my next lesson, since the break is over by now.

You always meet twice in life....right?

I think about every now and then. But I also remember, that I should not waste my time. If life wants us to meet again, then I have to wait.

Determined to do so, I only shed a tear, when I am about to go to bed and see the letter again. The letter she wrote for me.

"May we see each other again, Violet. Good night." I whisper to the sky and close the window, to call it a day.

♤♤♤