♤ Two ♤

"If you would concentrate on the steps, the teacher showed you, you could do a better job."

Ouch...

That's what Violet whispers in my ear, as we stand still after the music ends.

"But dancing with you, was definitely a pleasure. Thank you."

My cheeks are now covered in more than just a faint pink. A deep red covered my face and I really want to hide it right now.

Unfortunately we have to stay in this position, where Violet still holds my waist and hand, until the teacher ends the lesson.

"I-it is actually my pleasure to stand here with you. And of course y-you are a very good dancer too. W-well I knew that before, because I saw how you danced with..." i stop midsentence, trying to remember the girl with the glasses.
"Amy Bartlett." Violet finishes my sentence and I nod thankfully.

My heart still pounds like I'd stand on the edge of a cliff looking all these thousand meters down, not ready to jump yet. Instead I'm just standing hand in hand with the prettiest girl, on the dancefloor.

"Okay, ladies, see you all tomorrow for our next lesson. Have a good afternoon."

I almost hesitate to let go of Violets hands, but I have to.
"Well, then... I guess I see you around." I say smiling and slightly bowing as a goodbye.

Before I go outside, I also say goodbye to some students and the teacher, of course.

◇◇◇

Exhausted from all the adrenaline and dopamine leaving my body, I fall onto my bed. Sighing loudly, I roll over and look on the clock.

Fortunately it is not that late yet.
4 PM.
Before I have dinner at 6 PM, I could visit the library and give back some books and search for a new one.

Well, that's a good plan. But I should check for some homework.

Again sighing, I get up and walk over to my desk.
Clearly happy when I noticed, I already finished the necessities, I collect the books I want to bring to the library.

Not many, there are just three. I read them last month in my freetime.

The three books in my arms, I step out of my dorm room and make my way up the next stairs onto the next floor, where the library is located.

"Just set the books down on the desk, if there is any problem, I'll let you know, but I don't think, you damaged them, right?" I smile and answer the girl checking the books, that I haven't damaged them.

With these words, I walk off, further into the library and feeling calm between all these bookshelves.

I am overwhelmed by smell of old paper and new books, which are barely touched.

As I read the description of a very interesting book I found, I notice another person in the same aisle.

Actually, I don't care, so I ignore my surroundings, which is a mistake I learn right after that.

While I am so deep in reading, I can't hear the faint voice, asking me nicely, if I could move a bit out of the way.

"Excuse me? Oh, Y/N?"

"Huh?" I abruptly turn my head towards the person next to me. My eyes widen in shock and embarrassment.

"Oh god, I am so sorry, Violet. I really didn't notice you!" I immediately stepp back, so she can reach for the book, that's placed, where I stood a second ago.

"Oh, don't worry. What are you reading?" She asks politely.

"Yeah, well, I just found this book. It sounds interesting, it's a fantasy novel, but kind of mysterious as well. I'll probably take it with me to the dorms, so I have something to do in my freetime." I explain.

In that moment, I notice two books in her hands.

"And what are you interested in?"

Violet smiles and shows me one of the two books.
"I also like the genre fantasy. Most likely romance. This one is such kind of story. The other one is a biography of someone's life in the war."

"You have a good taste! Would you like to recommend me some of your favorites?" I ask, very excited to read new stuff.

A wide grin appears on her immaculate face and she nods happily.

"Follow me!"
I do, as she says and we walk through many aisles until we stop and she looks through a few shelves.

Suddenly handing me over a book, I look at it.

It has a beautiful blue and black colored cover. Blue is my favorite color, so I already love it, just looking at it.

"It already looks good, just by the cover. Well, I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I just love the colors."

We chuckle a little about my commentary, when I take it in my hand and look closer at it. The description is well written and interesting.

It seems like a mix of the two books, Violet showed me earlier. It has something to do with war, but in a fictional fantasy world.

"So? Do you like it? I know, it can be kind of....scary to read about wars, but this book is my all time favorite and I had to show it to you."

I watch her in surprise, when she fiddles at her clothes.

Nervousness?

Shaking my head in disbelief, I answer her: "It sounds really really good! Thank you for the recommendation! When I was younger, I hated talking, reading or hearing about brutal things, so I hated the war. Just a few years ago, I realized it is indeed horrible, but unfortunately very present, so I could learn a bit about it. I started learning more about history and soon began reading books like this. It's fine for me." I smile brightly and she gives me a wonderful smile back.

"Well, I guess I will head back now, so I can start this story as soon as possible. I'm so excited, thank you again, Violet."

"Y/N?" I turn around, after already wanting to go.
"Yes?"
"Have fun reading. See you at dinner!" She smiled again and I could just grin and nod.
"You too!"

◇◇◇

Back in my room, I immediately start reading. Of course I read the book recommended by Violet, first.

Unfortunately I can just read for about an hour and a half, until I have to show up at dinner.

Even though I am hungry, this book is awesome and i don't want to stop now.

But i have to.

I frown sadly and get up from my bed again.

When I remember, who I am going to meet at the table, I get a little happier.

♤♤♤