♤ Eight ♤

The next morning arrived and I really don't want to open my tired eyes. This day will be very exhausting, since I stayed up for too long, thinking about my decision I would have to make.

And for the fact that it was all a waste of time to sleep, I still have no clue what to do.

Maybe I should go and tell the teacher I am feeling sick, so I can stay in bed and have more hours to think of an answer...

I really think of doing this, but I realized how rude it would be, to leave Violet alone, just because I am a coward. No, I would have to decide through the day. First, I should get ready for breakfast.

With these thoughts, I get up and walk to my closet. After pulling out a school uniform, I head to the bathroom and change my clothes.

When I look decent enough to step outside, I walk to the cafeteria, where I will get my breakfast.

◇◇◇

The second class already ended, when I am on my way to the next one.

I haven't met Violet yet. Even in the cafeteria earlier I hadn't seen her.

Perhaps she was late or Amy and so we missed each other, since I was quite early today.

And with that, I shrug off my worries and start thinking about my decision again.

Why should I even worry? If Amy does anything in the way of bullying, I can just report her to the head teacher. But what if she would do worse things, when I report her and makes sure, It won't be noticed? What if I won't be strong enough to go against her and speak up? What if I hurt Violet, because I hurt her friend?

I soon realize how my day is already being ruined from Amy, even though she isn't present.

Now I am sitting in class and remember, that I have the current lesson together with Amy and Violet.
I don't know, If I should feel happy or scared.
I feel both the emotions, which is exhausting.

Everyone already sit at there places and I look around and see the people I am looking for.
Amy, sitting in her seat, also talking to a friend near by and Violet sitting still and behind Amy.

I stare in fear at Amy and afterwards at Violet, but definitely happier.

Violet looks back at me and we make eye contact for a couple of seconds until the teacher interrupts it by coming into the room and immediately starting the lesson.

A frustrated sigh escapes my mouth and I start listening and taking notes, which is difficult since I am still overthinking.

We have a little break between the two lessons to drink or talk a bit. I think, I can just doodle on my notes and waste the break like that, but suddenly a warn voice near me, calls my name.

"Oh, hi Violet." I say nervous and looking to the ground instead of meeting her eyes.

"Is something the matter?" She asks and I just shake my head hesitantly.
She seems to notice that and moves to stand in front of my desk. Now I actually look at her.

"May I ask, why you hesitated?" She asks another question and tilts her head slightly.

"Well..." I gulp.

Now it's time for a decision...

"I don't know how to tell you, but I am indeed worried about something." I amswer and wait for her reaction.

"Do you want to talk about it after class?" I nod and that is the moment the teacher says, the break is over.

♤♤♤