♤ Twenty - Nine ♤

Last night came to an end, when I notice Violet got very tired and I myself too for sure.

So we wished each other a good night and parted ways, since I walked to my room and sleep in there.

This morning, I then wake up to a delicious smell of freshly made breakfast coming from downstairs.

Getting done with my morning routine, before breakfast, I hurry downstairs right after I finish.

"Good morning" I greet the elder couple at the table and Violet next to them. They wish me a good morning as well and breakfast goes quietly.

"Do you have any work today?" I hesitantly ask Violet, while washing the dishes together.

"No, I am free today. I want to ask you, if you want to go to that tower I showed you yesterday. Maybe we meet my friend there too, so you can meet her as well."

I nod excitedly and we decide on going there, after helping a little while around the house.

◇◇◇

"How high is the tower?" I question, as I am looking up to see the top of the building.

"I am not sure." Violet answers and I just shrug.

"Do we go up there or wait for your friend first - what is her name again?"

"Luculia."

"Right." I look down again, because my neck starts to hurt from looking up.

"And to answer your other question, we can already go up the bell tower. She knows where to find us." With a smile, she walks up to the door and opens it to let me in. Right away, I see the narrow staircase leading upstairs.

Without a word, I let Violet go first and I follow her, always looking out the tiny windows on the way, to see how high we are.

Arriving at our destination, Violet stretches a hand out for me to take, while skipping the last step and jumping right up.

The view is awesome and wide. At sunset or sunrise, it would be the perfect place to watch it.

Even though I am slightly out of breath from the way up the stairs, I hold my breath for a second.

"Come here, we can sit near the edge. Just watch out, I don't want you to fall down." The blonde girl, already sitting on the ground facing the view, points beside her, to make me sit down.

Very carefully, I walk towards the spot and sit, without looking down, scared, since there is no barrier for safety.

Fortunately, the spot we are sitting at spends us a good amount of shadows.

"How do you feel right now?" I suddenly ask Violet. Her head turns to me, but I don't look her way, in an instant feeling scared, what she might answer. Even though, I haven't really specified my question.

"Well...I don't really know. But I do mean every word I said to you yesterday. Though, I think I know what your actual question is behind that." Now I turn to her and see her delicate smile she gifts me.

"I guess it is about, 'what we are now' or 'do you want to be open with this or better not tell anyone'?"

"Yes, actually those are both questions I had on my mind today." I mumble.

The cool metal hand slides on top of mine before Violet speaks again.

"I would say, since we both confessed our mutual feelings for each other, we can say....we are a couple. Like girlfriends."

I can call her my girlfriend!

Besides freaking out in my head, I just have a huge smile plastered on my face and nod eagerly.

Then I answer the second question: "Personally, I am scared of showing our relationship. What if we are not accepted? I think I never saw couples like us."

It is quiet for a while. "Well, what if we just tell some people, for example, a few friends of mine or your family?"

"Yes, we can tell friends, but not my family. I can tell you later about it, because now I don't really want to talk about it. How about your friend, who also wanted to come up here? You both seem to have a good friendship."

Violet nods, when I mention to her, I will tell her later, why we can not tell my parents.
"I think it is a good idea to tell her first. A first reaction and maybe a third opinion on how others might react." We nod in agreement.

The conversation ends here and I get a little bit closer to her to lay my head on her shoulders and rest a while.

♤♤♤