♤ Fourteen ♤

Last night, I could barely fall asleep and it took a while of reading and rolling around in bed, to finally shut my eyes and dream about todays event.

Which is in a few hours. To be exact, I have three hours to spent on getting ready and calm myself down or maybe practice the dance again.

The whole day I am nervous and unfortunately I haven't seen Violet anywhere.
That makes me even more unsure.

I finally decide to get off my chair and go wash myself in the bathroom.

A shower is a great idea.

After the shower, I think about my looks and if I should wear make up or not.

When I finally decide, what to do, I prepared myself. Suddenly, I hear the speakers in the hallway go off and someone clearing their throat.

"Attention, students, attention. You have ten minutes left, until everyone meets in the Festival room. I repeat, ten minutes until we meet in the Festival room."

Ten minutes to waste on waiting, since I am already prepared.

I think to myself, sitting down on my bed, careful, not to get wrinkles on my clothes.

It is quiet in my room. The only sounds I hear, are the people outside talking and walking around.
My breathing is slow and under controll. For a short while I close my eyes and think of how happy I am Right now. This event isn't that exciting itself. On the other side, the fact that I am going to Dance with Violet is very thrilling.

One look at the clock, I decide to go five minutes earlier, just to be sure I get there in time and maybe catch Violet on my way.

Unfortunately, I don't see her anywhere and I get really nervous, since the pairs usually walk in together, as far as I know.

"Y/N?"

Finally!

I think, right before turning around, I already recognize that voice.
"Violet, w-where..." I stop talking, maybe even breathing when I see her, standing infront of me with her beautiful suit on.

Everything is white, the lose trousers is hold up be a thin belt which also holds a part of the jacket tied to the torso. The jacket has puffy shoulder parts and long sleeves. The trousers is cut a little shorter at the legs, but therefore you can see her white, heeled shoes better. Her hair is tied in a wonderful low ponytail and with a flower in it. She keeps her usual bangs upfront.

"You look amazing!" I exclaim and take her hands in mine. Thats when I notice, she also wears a pair of white gloves.

"Thank you. You look stunning too." She says and looks at me up and down.

I blush a little and let go of her hands.

"We should enter the hall now, don't you think?" She asks calmly and with a slight smile on her face, while stretching out her hand.

Of course I nod and take her hand, so she can guide me into the room.

The people worked really hard the past days, to let the hall look remarkable. The room is clean and very shiny and there are beautiful garlands hanging up on the windows and above the door.
The chandeliers shine bright in the natural light from outside.

Violet and I walk through the double door and take our place in the crowd of other people being as nervous as I am.

Some look at us in awe and others with a face of jealousy.

Suddenly everyone is hectic and lines up to start the dance.

"Come on, Y/N." Violet says and I feel her hand slightly pulling mine, signing me to follow her to a spot where we can dance.

Standing again, we rearrange our position. I lay my hand on her shoulder while my other hand stays intertwined with hers. Her hand softly lays around my torso.

Even if her hands aren't warm, because of the metal arms, I can still feel my skin heating up and tingle where she touches.

After a few minutes of staying still, soft music starts playing.

♤♤♤