♤ Eleven ♤

Back in the dorm, I carefully place the successfully purchased clothes into my closet until Sunday.

Someone knocks at my door and I open up for them.
"Hi Violet! How was the shopping trip?" I ask and let her in and we sit down on my bed.

"Hello Y/N. It was successful. I bought my white suit and Amy got her white dress. I hope you found something fitting for you?" I nod and point in the direction of my closet.

"I already put it in there, so I have it secured until Sunday." I smile and  shift a little, to sit more comfortable.

Violet nods and then we just continue sitting silently and enjoying the others company.

"I wanted to ask you for a while. When will you leave us, since you are just staying to teach Amy some manners and dance steps." I say hesitantly.

"I plan to leave a few days after the ball. As an auto memories doll, I got other requests to fulfill and therefore, I'll have to leave not long after the ball."

Her responds saddens me. I actually don't want her to leave. I want her to stay, read with me, talk with me, eating lunch together or just sitting around and watching the sunset.
My heart beats fast, but more like in pain of the thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Violet asks and I can just look to the floor and nod, still sad. I try to cheer myself up by thinking, the time we have left, we can spend it together!

"Yeah. I just...you're a really good friend. So I don't want you to leave." I mutter and lift my head again.
She tries to comfort me and we talk about other subjects to distract ourselves from the sad thoughts.

The bell suddenly goes off to signal dinner time.

"Let's go eat, I am so hungry!" I sigh and we stand up, walk out into the hallway and together with all other students, we make our way to the cafeteria.

After we get our food, which looks uninviting, Violet and I sit down at a table and start to eat it.
"Todays food looks and tastes rather.....interesting ." I say and watch the muddy meal on my spoon dripping down onto my plate.

"Well, it is eatable." Violet responds and I see her, just casually eating her meal.
"You're right, I should be thankful I at least get to eat something for dinner." With those words, I force myself to open my mouth and munch the food and in the end gulping it down.

It is not as bad as it looks like but still hard to chew on.

"Hi Violet!" Amy comes up to us and sits down besides her friend and diagonally infront of me.
"Hello Amy." Violet and I say at the same time.

Amy doesn't give me any kind of attention, not even politeness or hatred.

At least I don't have to interact with her either.

I thought slightly shrugging and continuing to eat.

◇◇◇

"So, I will be going then. See you around." I say goodbye to them both, when I finish eating and head to the library.

Of course, where else should I be?
But I remember the books i already finished and first go to my room to get them.

Now I sit at a table in front of a window in the library, between all these shelves, smelling the air filled with the smell of paper and ink.

I made the decision I would do my homework instead of always reading. I thought I could concentrate here. But here I am daydreaming while the sun shines through the window in its beautiful red, yellow and orange colors.

My pen in my hand, I just flip it around and rather than writing with it. I don't even look on the textbook, just focusing on the lighting and gorgeous view outside the window.

I see me dancing outside in the wide world and feeling the warmth from the last sunshine of the day. Hearing the bees buzzing and smelling the wonderful flowers around me. Another person steps into my view, taking my hand in theirs and dancing with me now. Suddenly we stumble over a rock and fall to the ground snickering and giggling. The sky is painted in a light blue which slowly turns darker, the further the sun disappears.

No cloud in sight, it will be a clear night and we could see all the stars, when we stay like this, looking up to the sky. We are still holding hands and I feel their cold hand intertwined with mine.

Their blonde hair isn't in a ponytail as usual and spread around the head.

Then I recognize it is Violet and her blue eyes don't continue looking at the sky. Instead she turns her head and watches me as I watch her.

"Beautiful view, right?"
I snap out of it and blink a few times, when hearing the voice of the librarian working here, who interrupts me suddenly.

♤♤♤