♤ Twenty - Four ♤

The trainride was quite comfortable. Too relaxing, since I almost fell asleep. But I was to anxious to allow myself some sleep, I worried I would pass the station where I have to leave the train.

Now it is just a few minutes left, until the next stop. I asked the staff earlier, who also checked my ticket. She said, how many stops were left until mine.

I can suddenly feel the train moving slower every second and I get up to get my belongings out of the shelves above my seat.

The breaks squeal loudly and the honk goes off, to indicate, that the train now arrives at its destination.

Trying to keep my balance, I hold my bag and suitcase tightly and walk towards the exit.

Finally the shrill noises of the train stops, as everything comes to a halt.

More people inside the cabinets get ready and walk towards the exit doors.
Not many people are inside, but even more waiting outside, to get into the train.

Luckily, it is a matter of manners to let the people leave first and then get inside.
The door opens infront of me and I step out, hastily walking away from the traintrack.

A light wind greets me and I breath in the air, which quickly changes to the awful smell of the trains smoke.

It is a relatively small station, which is not surprising, since it is also a small town I am visiting.

Then I remember with a fit of joy, that Violet wrote, she wanted to greet me here and guide me through the village.

Therefore I look around and try to find her. Nervousness floods my mind and body, when I realize, I am really, finally going to meet her again.

People leave and just a few are left here, including me.

I decide to step out of the train station, thinking, Violet maybe wanted to meet outside, when fewer humans are around.

"Y/N?" Looking to the side, I see Violet running towards me and stopping, when she stands right in front of me.

"Violet! I am so glad to see you again. I missed you!" I say.

Should I hug her? Would she be comfortable enough - ?

Before I could finish my anxious thoughts, she slowly pulls me into a hug, probably waiting for signals to stop her.

Of course, I am perplex at first, but I tighten the hug right after.

She still smells so wonderful. Slight scents of fresh ink, paper, wax and flowers stick to her and I quietly inhale them.

The sound of her metal arms moving away from my waist, is like a melody in my ears.

"I missed you, too." She mumbles near my ear.

"Let me take your suitcase, it must have been an exhausting ride. Let's move to our carriage."
She looks worried, when talking again.

"So I thought, maybe you already want to see a bit of the city and we go by foot, while the carriage delivers your belongings to my residence. But if you want to rest, we can just head there with the carriage."

Without hesitation I reply, that I really want her to show me the town. I had enough rest, while traveling here.

Violet nods and the corner of her mouth goes up for a split second.

She moves towards the village and I follow her on the path. The carriage with our luggage drives away and I see it disappearing further into town.

A bell goes of in the distance, signaling the time. "It is exactly one o'clock." Violet states, after the bell silences. "We will probably arrive at around one thirty."

I nod and we continue walking in silence.

When more and more houses and buildings surround us, more people walk around the streets. I observe my environment and notice many little shops and supermarkets.

"There is the supermarket, I usually buy ingredients. And a few houses further is a library I always buy books from. It is one of my favorite places here." Violet explains as we walk past the buildings.

After a while, we stand in front of the clock tower.
"The view up there is incredible. Another wonderful place I Iike to go to."

It is tall and my neck hurts after looking up to the top for too long. I imagine the view and how beautiful it might be up there.

"A very good friend of mine also admires this place. She actually showed it to me. Maybe we meet her sometime."

"I'd love to meet your friends."
I reply and look at her with a genuine smile.

We move on and Violet shows me a few places to go to sometime later.

As she said earlier, we  reach our destination at one thirty. "This is the CH postal company." She motions toward the building and I read the same name above the entrance.

"CH? What does that stand for?" I ask curiously.

"Claudia Hodgins. Founder of the company. We will meet him, when I show you around here, if you want to." She looks at me and I nod, excited to know, how the work inside looks like.

♤♤♤