♤ Thirty - One ♤

"Did you sleep well?" Violets soft voice is the first thing I hear, when I awake in her bed.

I notice that we moved a little bit in the night and kind of switched positions, since I am now the one laying my head on her chest and hugging her torso.

"Mhmm" I mumble, which sounds quite like a 'yeah', though, I actually am not able to process if I really slept well. I am still too tired.

The vibration of Violets light chuckle feels good on my cheek and I snuggle further into her warm arms.

"Are you still sleepy?" She asks and vibration hit again. I just nod, because I already know, my voice in the morning is usually very hoarse.

"But we should go and eat our breakfast. And make a plan, not only for what we want to do today, but also when we are going to visit your parents."
I hate talking about them first thing in the morning, so I just nod again.

"Come on!" Violet tries to push me off of her, though I cling to her tightly.
In the end we almost fell out of the bed.

At least she actually succeeded on getting me to wake up. Because that was a shock, when we almost rolled over the edge.

Together, still in our night gown, we make our way down the stairs to find an excellent breakfast on the table probably made by Mrs Evergarden.

She does not sit at the table and I cannot see her anywhere else. She may be already outside working in the garden or gone to buy groceries.

"So what do you plan on doing today? I personally must go to work for a few hours. At least two hours I think." Violet explains and I tell her, that I can just go with her and wait at the post office. Since I really want to meet Iris and Cattleya again, they were really nice.

"That sounds good, I just hope you dont get bored." Concern flashes over her face, but immediately reassure her: "No need to worry about that. I will take a book with me if the girls won't have time for me." This seems to calm her and we continue eating up our first meal for the day.

◇◇◇

"Hi, I hoped I could meet you here again!" Cattleya says and jumps to her feet almost stumbling over with her chair she sat on. "Yeah, I thought it would be interesting to talk again." I smile and sit down next to her, after she had to hug me as a greeting.

"So, how are you? How was your day so far?" I ask her. In the background I see Violet walking in one of the rooms, where the dolls usually talk with their clients and write their letters. As I expect, right after her follows a young man, who is a little taller then Violet herself.

"Thank you for asking, my day wasn't stressful so far. I do have more clients later, who already booked me and who know, how many want to squeeze in, where I could have my little breaks." She sighs, when thinking about her work later. "Well, then you should probably relax for now, to have all your energy, when this time arrives." I suggest and give her a reassuring smile.

"Anyways, how are you and what are you two going to do on this wonderful day?" The black haired woman exaggerates the last question, obviously making fun, but covering up her actual curiosity.

"First, Violet will have to work her hours here and I just wait for her. After that....actually, we havent really planned anything specific yet. Though, we do have to talk about traveling to my hometown and visiting my parents." I shiver at the thought.

Cattleya looks as surprised, since I told her and Iris, how the situation is going with my guardians. "Do you want Violet to meet them or do you go separate ways, since I know of Violets actual job there."

For a few seconds I have to think about my answer.

I dont want her to meet my parents. I know they dont hesitate to show their bad sides in front of guests.

But I can imagine that she, as my girlfriend, wants to meet them, even if we dont actually tell them we are a couple. Maybe I should confront this problem with the first step by telling her, just like Iris and Cattleya, why I did not visit them right after I finished school.

"I think I have a way to find a solution. But I dont know the details yet." I tell her and she nods understandably. "At least you know what to do I guess, then-"

"Cattleya? Someones asking for you!"

"A client?" Cattleya shouts back and her question is answered positive. "Sorry for that. I have to go see them."

"Oh dont worry, this is your job, so I expected it." I smile, wish her good luck and at last I hear her high heels faintly echoing in the hallways.

That is when I take my book out and make myself comfortable in the chair. I steal a short glance at the clock, showing me, that Violet will be busy for at least two more hours from now.

♤♤♤