25

-Rose-Present-

"If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me."
-Brother by Kodaline

"So, you are okay?" I ask Brooke through the phone as I twirl a strand of my blond hair around my finger. I've been watching Grey's Anatomy for the past few hours but I've finally turned it off. Brooke has been brave enough to come back to school for the past few days but she is still getting laughed at.

"My parents are flipping out and are dealing with Billy's parents." She huffs. "I'm sure we will have a big pay day by the end of their argument considering how angry my father is."

"Do Billy and his parents have any idea that we were the ones that trashed the car?" I smirk. We managed to run away in time and the Bank's family are stupid enough to have no cameras showing their cars so we have got away with it. Billy knows it was us, it is obvious but he hasn't said anything about it to us.

"Absolutely none. I'm sure Billy does but after what happened the other day, he won't be snitching any time soon." Brooke replies simply.

"It was totally worth it though." I mumble as I glance around my room. The photos covering one of my walls need to be updated. The last time I had put a new photo on there was two years ago, before Will left. There are photos from when we were little, dressed in our party clothes. Will always looks grumpy in every one.

I'm so stuck in my thoughts that I don't notice Marissa coming through my bedroom door. She looks exhausted and miserable, dressed in a smart shirt and trousers.

"Your father and step mum have returned from their trip. They are expecting dinner and your presence." Marissa grumbles unhappily, a tight frown on her face. I stiffen. My father and Lola weren't supposed to be back for another few weeks.

"Fucking fantastic." I snap under my breath but Marissa raises her eyebrows at me, reprimanding me. I roll my eyes and sit up. "Sorry. Brooke, I have to go but are we still going out later?"

"Yes, of course." She says automatically and we say goodbye. Marissa and I exchange a knowing look. I really do not want to deal with him, especially not after visiting my mother. I wonder if he knows. I push the thought from my mind because that is ridiculous. He wouldn't be able to know I saw her unless she got in touch with him and they haven't spoken since all those years ago.

Standing up, I saunter confidently out of my room and down the stairs. Nerves flutter around in my stomach and I scold myself for being anxious. He is just my father and she is just another one of his wives.

I enter the dining room to find my father at one end and Lola at another. Cooper looks up from his spot in the middle and gives me a wary glance. Marissa follows after me, throws me a reassuring look before going back into the kitchen. I awkwardly stand in front of them as they turn to look at me.

My father looks intense, as usual. He is wearing a button up and tie, his sleeves are folded up and he is taking sips of a glass of whiskey. I flicker to Lola. I hate to admit to myself that she is stunning.

Chocolate eyes, chocolate hair, clearly too young for my father and is dressed in a body fitting black dress. I lift up my chin and give them my most charming smile as if their presence doesn't bother me.

"Long time no see, father." My voice has an edge to it as it always does when I speak to him. Sometimes, I can't remember what it was like before. I can't remember whether we had liked each other and spoke to each other like father and daughter. I can't remember if he loved me or not.