38

-Will-Present-

"I wanna drown myself in a bottle of her perfume ,I want her long blonde hair, I want her magic touch."
- Girl crush by Harry Styles

Cooper, Ben and I wait impatiently in the car. I continue taking sips of my whiskey and lean back into my seat. Rose and Brooke finally emerge from the house. Brooke is wearing a short black dress and Rose is wearing a fancy red one. Both are looking stunning as ever.

"You both look gorgeous but you take way too long." Cooper complains as Rose and Brooke pile into the car. Rose sits beside me. Our eyes lock and I smirk before she rips her eyes away from mine. Brooke flips him off and Cooper starts up the car.

A bottle of tequila is shared between us, apart from Cooper as he is designated driver. The windows are open so the wind wildly messes up everyone's hair but the girls don't seem to care too much.

Once we step out of the car, we walk right past all the people in line and head straight for the entrance. Barnaby owns this club so the bouncer lets us go right through. Brooke and Ben beeline it for the bar, Cooper searches for Cooper and Rose and I pause at the balcony.

I look over the balcony, down at the crowds of people dancing. The club is electric tonight, everyone feeding off of the near kisses, sequin dresses and fast dancing. The room is hot and humid with anticipation. The lights are flashing from pink to blue to red. The surrounding edges of the dance floor are pitch black so that I can barely see figures moving in the dark.

"What's the chances that you will end the night in my bed?" I whisper in Rose's ear. I move to stand beside her with my hands on the railing, either side of her waist, caging her in. She smoothly moves around to face me so that her face is inches from mine.

"Very slim, why's that?" She asks, leaning up to glide her lips across my jaw, making me shudder before pulling away. Her smirk is mischievous and daring.

"I'm asking for a friend." I lie nonchalantly and she smiles wider although she is evidently trying hard not to.

"Is this friend attractive?" She asks innocently. I lean closer, our lips almost touching. Her breath quickens. Her hand automatically presses against my chest.

"Extremely." I whisper. Her eyes become hooded from the tension between us. Every muscle in my body is throbbing. Then she clears her throat, glances at me seductively and pushes me away gently.

"Hmm, I'll consider it." She turns around and walks down the stairs. I'm left speechless on the top of the staircase. I bite my lip in anticipation and try not to laugh at myself as I watch her go. Fuck me, this is going to be a long night if she carries on like that.

********************************************

I find the bar and a seat and order my drink. Ben sits beside me, searching the crowds for some girl to torture for the night. I don't ask why that girl isn't Brooke. The girls are both on the dance floor, taking shots and dance in the centre of the floor.

"Another shot?" The bartender asks me but for once, I shake my head. My gaze is fixated on Rose. The way her hips move to the music. The way her red dress sparkles in the light. The way her curly, golden hair swishes around her. The lights darken so that I can barely see anything. It must be eleven as at this club, the lights always dim at this time.