6

-Will- Present-

"Yeah, we danced on tabletops
And we took too many shots."
-Last Friday Night by Katy Perry

"So Will, is it true about the Loch Ness monster?" Sarah asks curiously, a coy smile on her face and she plays with a strand of my hair with one finger. People have been asking stupid fucking questions like this one ever since I got back.

"What are the pubs like? And the hotels?" Josephine pipes up and I stare at them both blankly. Both so eager and desperate.

The school cafeteria is busy and I forgot how loud it always is. The usual crowd surrounds me-Ben rolls a cigarette, Cooper is complaining about his broken arm, Brooke looks like she is bored and irritated and Rose stares at me blankly. I stare back, silently challenging her to see who looks away first. She holds my stare, glaring at me coldly before finally looking away in defeat.

"Why don't you google it? Just because I went to Scotland doesn't mean I know everything about the fucking country. Now stop asking me questions and let me eat." I snap harshly, pushing Sarah off me with a grumpy frown and she cowers back into her chair.

"Should I bring weed tonight or the alcohol?" Ben asks curiously and steals a chip off Brooke's plate. Brooke stops her conversation with Rose to glare at him coldly and smacks his hand, making Ben smirk. Billy glares at him too from where his arm is thrown around Brooke's shoulder and I frown at the way he has placed his hands on her. He's disgusting.

"Both." I mumble, feeling more grumpy and irritated than usual. I haven't had a drink since last night and I'm already desperate to have another. I've only been back a few days and I'm already tired of everyone's bullshit.

"I missed your parties, Will." Cooper pipes up with a genuine smile. Cooper is the nicest one out of all of us and yet he has more of a reason to be angry. His parents died and he moved in with Rose but he remained friendly and kind. He may be depressed sometimes but he doesn't take it out on people. I respect him for that and envy his ability to do it considering I'm the opposite. "People had parties but none were as good as yours."

"Are you coming, Rose?" Sarah asks curiously, a fake tone in her voice as if she is wanting her to say no and Rose frowns in frustration. She really does look like an Ice Queen right now. She is staring coldly at everyone for even breathing and I notice that she hasn't touched her food, which is irritating me. Why isn't she eating?

"Of course I'm coming. Even though your parties aren't half as good as you boast about." She says confidently, a sharp smile rising on her face and I smirk in response but don't take the bate. Clearly, we're both irritable today and she is looking for a fight.

Sarah and Josie start planning their outfits and Daniel, the biggest meathead in the room, tries to flirt with Rose. I remember how jealous I used to get whenever I used to see them making out at parties two years ago. I'm guessing that after two years, he is still pining after her. But her eyes are focused on her food.

"Aren't you going to eat that?" I say boldly, cutting off whatever Daniel was saying and Rose's eyes flicker up to me. I gesture to her untouched salad and everyone else around us stare at Rose who just blinks at me blankly.

"Oh I'm sorry, is it illegal to not be hungry now?" She asks sarcastically, raising her eyebrows at all of our judgemental faces and although everyone else looks away, I hold her gaze.

"Are you joining the football team again?" Connor asks curiously, digging into his burger. His face is covered in burger sauce and I grimace at how messy he is. I've never seen anyone eat so much and eat as messy as Cooper.