61

-Rose-Present-

"Cause they say that misery loves company
It's not your fault I ruin everything
And it's not your fault I can't be what you need
Baby, angels like you can't fly down here with me."
-Angels like you By Miley Cyrus

Everything is numb. The last thing I remember was the car crash and being in so much agony that I had to close my eyes. But now I don't feel anything. Brightness attacks my closed eyes, forcing them to open but I resist against it for as long as I can.

Once my eyes finally flicker open, it takes a moment to adjust. I glance around the room, studying my surroundings. I'm lying in a hospital bed, the buzzing of a machine beside me echoing around the room. I also notice a single figure.

A small smile grows on my lips at the sight of a sleeping Will, his hand interlocked with mine. His head lies against my stomach. His dark hair is messy, he has dark circles under his eyes and he looks like a wreck. He also has a deep cut on his head that has stitches on it.

I move my right arm and hiss at the searing pain that shoots up my arm. It is only now that I realise it is in a cast and I suspect it is broken. I can tell that my body is pumped with drugs but my arm is still painful.

"Will." I whisper softly, part of me not wanting to wake him but the other part of me wants to see his blue eyes. I have no idea how long I've been asleep and no one else is here to tell me. "Will, wake up."

His eyes flutter open, groaning from tiredness and I smile at him. He looks at me with a dazed expression for a moment and then his eyes widen, sitting up abruptly to look at me.

"You're awake. You're actually awake." He cries out, his voice cracking from pain and relief. He cups my face in his warm hands, stroking my cheeks with his thumbs and then presses a light kiss on my lips. Warmth spreads through my chest before he pulls away.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask quietly and I feel him interlock our hands again. He brings our hands up to his lips and presses his lips against them.

"A few days." He whispers. He is looking at me as if he can't believe I'm really awake and part of me breaks. I can't imagine what he is going through right now. If it was him lying in a hospital bed, I would be breaking too. "You have a broken arm, a brain bleed and several other cuts and bruises. I'm so sorry Rose, I..."

"Will, it isn't your fault." I say softly, pulling my hand out from our interlocked hands so that I can brush my hand against his face. His eyes fill with unshed tears. "Neither of us saw the truck. But it isn't your fault. I'm the foolish girl that got into the car with a drunken idiot."

"I realised that I never told you I loved you." He whispers and my heart flutters. He smiles but this time it is genuine and that scares me more than his cold glares. "Because Rose, although you may be just some foolish girl. You're my foolish girl. We may fight and glare at each other and wish the other dead. But I'm also inexplicably in love with you. I always have been and I always will be."

Tears pour down my cheeks and I choke on my giddiness. He looks so vulnerable and so desperate and so beautiful as he pours his heart out to me. My beautiful, broken boy. My heart bursts with happiness and I lean up to press my lips against his.

"Hating you has always been easier than loving you." I tell him honestly. "But it doesn't mean that I didn't love you anyway. Because I do, I love you. I have been in love with you, forever."