2

-Rose- Present-

"I'm headed straight for the castle
They wanna make me their queen."
-Castle By Halsey

The club is electric tonight, everyone feeding off of the smiles and fast dancing. I could go all night, moving my feet around to the quick beating of the music. I move in my dress like my hips were made to sway, the sequins catching the disco ball light that twirls above - launching every shade of the rainbow into the darkness.

I'm hot and I'm sweaty but I push past how uncomfortable I am, focussing on the music instead. Nights out like these aren't fun but it is a good distraction from every day things. The guy rubbing against me starts making me feel claustrophobic so I shrug him off, stop dancing and go find Brooke by the bar.

My best friend sits at the bar, drinking a martini with her boyfriend, Billy. Billy is one of the biggest assholes I've ever met. He is attractive, I'll give him that- he has dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin and a toned body. But his personality makes him unattractive.

"Is the Ice Queen finished her dancing now? Because I don't mind giving you a lift but I have things to do and people to see. Unless you want to ask lover boy to take you home instead." Billy snaps grumpily, not even bothering to look up at me and I glare at him.

"Stop being so rude! We go when she wants to go." Brooke snaps in frustration and I'm thankful that I don't have to say anything. Billy glares at her which annoys me. I never know why Brooke is still with him because he is horrid.

"I came over here to say I wanted to leave but talk to me like that again and I'll stay here all night and make you stay here too." I say, giving him a fake smile and he rolls his eyes. He stands up and walks out, not bothering to check if we are following or not.

I turn to Brooke and give her a knowing look that causes her to sigh. Brooke is the strongest and feistiest person I've ever met. If anyone could take over the world, it would be her. But when it comes to boys, she dates people who never deserve her because she thinks that is what she deserves. Personally, I think she deserves the world.

Brooke is the only girl I'd consider a true friend. We used to hate each other when we were younger because we were so bitchy with everyone. We still are, just not with each other.

"Don't bother saying it because I already know what you will say." She tells me sternly, making me raise my eyebrow. "I need to break up with him because he is a dick and I deserve better. But he is fun in bed so I'm going to enjoy it for as long as possible."

"At least you know." I mumble quietly before we begin walking out of the club together, meeting an impatient Billy outside. It isn't any less hot in here. We clamour into his convertible and I climb in the back, careful that my dress doesn't ride up too high.

"Turn the music up." Brooke tells Billy and she reaches over to turn up the music. They begin squabbling over the controls and I look up at the night sky. I've always loved looking up at the stars and pointing out the big and Little Dipper.

We drive through the town square and I notice a few of our other classmates in and around Betsy's diner, the most popular hangout in town. Once we enter our neighbourhood, I look at all the grand houses. Riverbrook's rich part of town is where I live.

My dad is one of the richest men in this entire part of the country. He owns most of the businesses in this town and some hotels all around the world. He co owns his business with The Cole family.

Billy drops me home and Brooke tells me that we will talk later so now I'm left in front of my house. The house is dark inside and I know that Cooper and Marissa are going to be asleep. Unlocking the door, I cringe at how loud it creeks before shutting it behind me.