56

-Will-Present-

"Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together."
-Skyfall By Adele

Rose and I lie in bed together. Her eyes are closed but she isn't asleep. She lies across my chest and her palm softly cups my face. The sun pours through the window, lighting up the room. If I could describe true happiness and content, this is what I would describe.

"How do you feel?" I ask softly and she squirms, tilting her head to look up at me. Her golden hair is loose and is fanned out around her like a halo.

"Much better, especially after eating so much chocolate cake." She smiles, lighting up the room and I believe her. Her smile is so infectious that I find myself smiling too.

"You terrified the fuck out of me." I whisper quietly and she pauses. She traces a pattern over my chest.

"I'm sorry." She tells me. I wrap my arm around her shoulders, pulling her towards me and press my lips against the top of her head. I close my eyes. "Father is getting me a counsellor."

"Maybe that's for the best." I mumble into her hair but she chuckles soundlessly.

"Don't bullshit me, you hate counsellors just as much as me." She says. I don't deny it. I don't think they help whatsoever, especially considering I'm too stubborn to openly tell someone how I'm feeling. Excluding Rose.
"Are you going to the charity gala tonight?"

"I think so, although I really don't want to." I admit. The last thing I want to do is dress up in a suit and go to a gala. "Maybe we can stay here all day instead."

"We can't!" Rose protests but I move so that I hover over her, trailing kisses down her jaw. She giggles, moaning at my touch and I smile against her soft skin. As I lean up to kiss her, my phone buzzes and I glance at it.

Ben: Your dad and my dad are going crazy. Get your ass back to your house right now!

"Shit, I have to go." I quickly murmur, jumping off of her and grab my phone. Rose frowns in disappointment and sits up.

"Is everything okay?" She asks, concern all over her face.

"I don't know." I admit before quickly leaving. I race down the stairs, hoping that when I arrive they haven't killed each other. This life long rivalry between them has grown tiresome. I run over to the other side of the street, phone in hand and push my front door open.

As soon as I enter the house, I study the hall and find my father, Barnaby, my mother and Ben all standing around. Father also has Barnaby pinned up to the fucking wall, Mother is crying and Ben looks bored.

"You fucking bastard, I've had enough of you beating up that kid." Barnaby shouts, pushing against my father's chest and I tense up. Ben looks up at me in relief.

"Mind your own business." Father growls, pushing at Barnaby's chest. This fight is like watching two preschoolers fight.

"Let's all calm down." Mother says, her voice cracking. "Barnaby I think you should leave."

"Shut up, Candace. If it wasn't for you none of this would have happened." Father shouts loudly and I stand off to the side, feeling more confused than ever.