【Chapter 18 Loving The Rescue Mission Around Here...】

【Chapter 18 Loving The Rescue Mission Around Here... What's Your Batting Average Anyway Part 1...】

It rings twice before Sam picks up my call. I don't comment how quick he answered but I feel my chest loosen a little and my stomach warms in comfort.

"Hey Parker, everything alright?" Sam questions concernedly.

I hear the worry in his tone and I try not to feel guilty because he did ask me to call him if I needed anything or if I was unsure.

"Uh yeah. Well, I mean, you said if I was unsure about something I could just..." I finish off awkwardly. I didn't know how to ask Sam for help. I hadn't really asked for help in a long time and I felt unsure how to go about it.

Sam never had to deal with the paparazzi before and Mom and Dad got off on the attention. I felt bad just dropping this situation in his lap but I didn't want to be trapped with the pap at this gas station and I didn't want them following me home or harassing Kade, Aspen, and Dustin. So I figured Sam might be able to figure out an option for this shitty situation.

I tried to remind myself that Sam was different.

Mom always made me feel as if I were always overreacting about a situation. Or she was thinking about how she could spin the situation to our advantage in the press.

"Yeah. Of course what's up?" He asks again this time a little more worried.

"Well I texted you that Kade was going to grab some gas before he dropped us off and we were but... Well we stopped into the convince store to grab snacks... cotton candy... it's not a big deal or anything... It's just..." Sam interrupts me before I have another chance at this shitty explanation.

"Kid, what's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks this time abrupt and I can hear the fear as his voice becomes gruff. He no longer has any patience.

"The paparazzi recognized me and there's at least four or five of them here. Kade and I managed to hide out in the backroom at the gas station but..."

Before I finish, I'm interrupted again but this time not by Sam. I hear a large bang on the door.

"Parker Jones. Parker Jones. It's Johnathan with Nashville news Entertainment coverage." One guy shouts out.

"Parker Jones is it true you were in attendance at The Rejected Hearts Concert tonight?" Another guy practically hollers through the door.

Fuck.

"Kid. I'm coming to you right now. Are you safe until I get there?" He asks and I can already hear him moving about on the other end of his line.

"Yeah Sam, I'm safe. I'm sorry to ruin your night. I just thought..."

"Kid you're not ruining anything. I told you do call me if you needed anything and you did. Now are you with your friends?" He asks and I can hear his breath speed up as he moves around on his end probably getting his keys.

I nod my head once before I realize that he can't see me. Kade laughs under his breath at my movement and I manage to elbow him in the stomach lightly.

"Just Kade. Were in the backroom but Aspen and Dustin are Dustin are outside waiting for us to finish getting our snacks." I reply back now worried for them.

I see movement beside before looking back up at Kade waving his phone at me. He mouths 'I texted them to let them know what's going on. They're waiting to see what your brother says.'