【Chapter 19 Loving the Phone Calls and Cash Around Here... Part 2】

After my brother and I talked for a while longer we browsed the bookshop for a while. I had found a book on time and space. I snatched it up immediately.

I was looking for answers and hoped that maybe I could find it in this book. Sure it was astronomy and I was a 17 year old retired model whose own boyfriend didn't even remember his girlfriend's face but I was in need of guidance. The guy I normally spoke to about my absurd problems wasn't here.

So sue me

Ollie had a lot of introspective thoughts on life, time and space, so maybe if I read up on some of the subject it would help somehow.

**********

Sam was pulling into our driveway into the late afternoon after we shopped around a few more places in the mall. He had gotten a few cook books and I offered to try some of the recipes with him.

We saw Owen's jeep in the driveway and we found both him and Aspen in the kitchen at the breakfast nook eating a bowl of ice cream.

"Hey honey how was your day at the mall?" She chirps good naturedly.

"Pretty good. I have an extra Cinnabon. Want it?" I offer her before sliding in beside her at the nook.

Sam carries in our bags setting them on the island for us.

"Um absolutely." She giggles before accepting the little paper bag I had in my hand. I laughed with her falling into the cushions behind us and huffing at all the walking and shopping we did today.

I could honestly say hanging out with my older brother was nice. I hoped we'd get to do it more often.

Sam pulled up a chair to join us at the little wooden table before greeting Aspen and Owen.

"So you two, you didn't burn the place down did you?" He asks jokingly. At least I think he did but I couldn't be sure.

"Oops, Owen, you shut the grill off right?" Aspen asks before popping her finger to her chin as if she was trying to remember.

"Yeah. I mean I think so. Did you put the cap on the cooking oil ?" Owen joins in with Aspen's joke.

Sam rolls his eyes before grunting out "Ha ha ha. Very funny you two."

He did not think they were very funny. I couldn't suppress the amusement I found at their little dynamics so I looked away. My gaze landed on several card board moving boxes stacked in the corner of the kitchen.

They had Ollie's handwriting on them.

They'd had been gathering dust in my room back home before I asked mom to send them. And send them she did. She went as far as overnighting them to me. She wanted them out of her house as much as I did.

Owen catches me studying the boxes. "They came in today while you guys were out. I had to sign for them. I think your mom sent them." He offers before taking a sip of his drink. His eyes dart to Sam and I can tell they're having some kind of exchange before both of them glance to me.

"Yeah, mom said she would send me some of my stuff. I wasn't able to pack some valuables and I figured it'd be nice to have them." I answer flippantly before gesturing toward the stack of boxes.

I'm not sure what their exchange is about but Sam doesn't make me wait for long.

"Okay Park. I can get those up to your room if you'd like?" Sam offers with a gentle smile.

"Thanks I would appreciate that."

I know the contents were all of Ollie and I's things. The things we would take with us when we moved out of our parents place. I knew some of her things would be in there too. I knew it was my future that was in there and I knew that it had become my past way too quickly for me to process.