【Chapter 31 Loving the Fucking Nightmares...】

【Chapter 31 Loving the Fucking Nightmares... Did You Guys Spend All That Time Reading?】

TW: Please be mindful that the following chapter contains themes or references to loss, miscarriage, blood, and teenage pregnancies and drugs. If you find these topics triggering this book may not be for you and that is okay. Put your health and well being first.

Thank you and take care.

【Chapter 31 Loving the Fucking Nightmares... Did You Guys Spend All That Time Reading?】

Sam's Truck wasn't in the driveway when I got back but Owen's jeep was. We were both home before Sam and I prayed it was because his date was going well. I had only managed to unlock the door and get inside with my bags before Owen turned the corner of the hallway from the kitchen to meet me.

He was wearing a pair of sweat pants and black hoodie. But what caught my attention was the apron wrapped around him reading "Life is what you bake it." In large font beside an assortment of baked goods. He was holding a spatula and was sporting a giant grin.

"This is where you say Honey I'm home." He jokes before he tosses the spatula onto a counter in the kitchen behind him before he makes his way to me to grab my bags. Before I have a chance he collects them and heads to dump them off in my room.

"Thank you!" I holler as I hear his footsteps above my head creak across the old wooden floors of Sam's cottage.

I manage to shut the door behind me before shrugging out of my jean jacket and hang it on the rack in the little mudroom.

Just as I kick my shoes off Owen bounds down the stairs smile still in tact and pauses on the third of the last stair.

I quirk my eyebrow up "Hi honey, I'm home." I chirp before rolling my eyes and turn on my toes to head into the kitchen.

"Hey little Jones, how was your crazy wild night out with friends?" Owen chimes back as he follows me into the kitchen before going to the wooden island to finish working on the salad he had started.

I find myself going toward the cabinet in the corner to fetch my not so secret stash of blue cotton candy and slip onto the counter.

Owen meets my raised eyebrows as he finishes chopping some cucumbers for our salad and pauses taking me in.

"Your brother would have my ass for letting you eat junk food before dinner. Seriously Parker I don't want to get in trouble for not feeding you properly. Eat some lasagna and salad and then you can have that sugar rush afterwards." He warns and I can see the hesitancy in his eyes at the mention of the possible wrath he'll face from Sam.

I find myself rolling my eyes again before I grumble stashing it on the counter behind me and muttering a fine. The little shit smirks at my reaction but doesn't comment further.

"And I didn't have a crazy wild night out with friends dork. We went to staples and then we went bowling." I comment finding myself eyeing the shredded cheese on the cutting board beside him.

"I thought that was a cover. I thought you were going to do some crazy teenager crap." He shrugs before he tosses the rest of the toppings of the salad into a wooden bowl and walks it over to the table before nodding at the lasagna in a glass dish. I hop of the counter and bring it over to the table joining him.