13: First Mission

You took a deep breath in as your eyes fluttered open, feeling the warmth of another body pressed against your back, wrapped in a strong pair of arms. 

Any other circumstance similar to this would immediately send you into fight or flight mode, but you very clearly remember that it's Bucky that you're entangled in. 

You turn your self around to face him, admiring his features. The way his hair becomes more of a light chestnut shade when the sun hits it. The shadows created on his face. How his lips are tuned up ever so slightly into a smile. 

Not long after, Bucky began to wake up, breaking into a full on grin as his eyes meet yours. 

"Stop staring, creep." he joked. 

You giggled and pressed your head into his chest. Turning to lay flat on his back, he moved a few strands of hair from your face. 

The two of you laid there for a few minutes before Sam flung the door open. You and Bucky shot up from your previously comfortable position. 

"Did not expect this." He began, "Anyways, miss ma'am, you missed the VA session." 

Bucky tried his best to choke back laughter as you responded, "Well, I was kind of being chased by a couple of Hydra agents, sorry if my priorities seem a little off." you teased. 

"Well there's another one today, I'm leaving in an hour. Be ready because-"

He was cut short by Tony and Natasha also barging in. Tony rolled his eyes as soon as he saw the other person next to you. Nat smirked and looked at you knowingly. 

"I'm ignoring whatever this is." He started, gesturing to the bed, "No can do, big bird, we've got a mission."

Peter and Wanda walked in seconds after, eyes bright with excitement. 

"A mission!?" they asked with anticipation. 

"Why is this room all of a sudden to place to meet in?" Bucky quipped. 

"Well, you were here first, Jesus hair." Tony shot back. "Meet downstairs in 10!" he called as he walked out. Peter and Wanda followed, eager for a task. 

Nat lingered behind and raised an eyebrow at you and Bucky before also heading out. 

"Alrighty, mission time let's get up" he sang as he dragged you out of bed. 

"But Buckkkkkk." You whined. 

"First mission today, first mission for you." he continued to sing in a very out of pitch voice. 

----------------

After 10 minutes and a lot of whining, you were finally in the meeting room with everyone else. 

Tony stood up and tuned on a blue screen. "Okay, so this is a simple Hydra base takedown, that tracker in Rookie over here's neck gave us some coordinates. Get in, destroy, get out. Jet leaves in 30, aaaaaand break." 

You looked to Nat who also seemed to share a worried expression, there was no way this would be "easy".

A/N: Ik ik this is short, I'll try to update tomorrow if possible, life is kinda hectic lolz, in case I don't write tomorrow, happy New Years! Let's hope 2021 is better!!!!